Chapter Three: Devilish Deal

"(Y/n), come on. You can't stay in bed forever. You've already missed breakfast, you need to eat something," Hannah begs me for about the millionth time since the sun came up this morning.

I let out a groan and roll over in my bed, which I haven't been out of since Cedric carried me to it last night. I rub my slightly swollen eyes, letting out a long yawn.

"If it'll get you to stop bugging me, then fine," I grumble, sitting up in my bed.

"Good," she says, throwing a pair of clothes in my face. "See you in the common room."

As she slams the door behind her I let out a groan. I slowly roll out of bed, stumbling a little as my feet hit the ground. For the first time all morning, I glance up at the clock on the wall.

12:15.

Oh no. I hurriedly put on the clothes Hannah handed me, almost instantly cursing her. It's Cedric's sweatshirt from last night and a pair of jeans. I suppose it'll have to do.

I toss my hair up into a messy bun and quickly brush my teeth. Slipping on a pair of sneakers, I hurry through the door of the dorm and into the common room. As I noisily burst through the door Cedric looks up to me, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"Well, I'm assuming you're rather hungry?" Cedric asks, walking towards the exit.

"Starving," I reply as Hannah and I follow after him.

"You know, if you wouldn't have slept in so long we could've gotten food sooner. Why were you cooped up in bed anyways?" Hannah asks, poking me in my side.

Cedric and I exchange a quick glance before I clear my throat.

"I had a headache, from the dance. I was just trying to sleep it off. I think it worked," I shrug, giving Hannah a halfhearted smile.

Hannah nods and smiles at me. Cedric brushes his hand against mine, shooting me a smile of relief that Hannah bought my lie. I smile in return and let out a sharp exhale as we walk through the dining room doorway.

"I'll go get our food," Cedric says to Hannah and I before disappearing among the other wizards.

Hannah and I begin walking to the Hufflepuff table. I glance in front of me and my blood immediately runs cold. My eyes meet familiar grey ones, and they seem to light up at my gaze.

I watch Draco's lips curl up into a mischievous smirk as he stalks towards me. The breath hitches in my throat as he approaches, my heart hammering in my chest. The wicked smirk on his face grows wider as he walks past me, brushing his shoulder lightly against mine.

Just enough to get the message across.

Glancing behind me, I watch Draco disappear through the Great Hall's exit. I turn to Hannah, a warm smile plastered onto my face.

"I'm going to run to the restroom real fast. Tell Cedric I'll be right back," I hurriedly tell her before turning and scampering towards the door.

"Okay, hurry back!" Hannah shouts after me as I disappear out of the dining room.

My heartbeat pounds against my ear drums as I rush down the corridor, pushing past wizards and witches alike. I look around frantically, searching for that distinct white-blonde hair. As I round the corner, a hand wraps around my wrist and pulls me into the same closet Cedric had the day before.

Except this time I'm not greeted with Cedric's warm grey eyes, but rather Draco's cold grey ones. He still has a wicked smile painted on his face as he has me pressed up against the wall.