83. IwaOi

Tooru sighed and took a seat on the floor. He grabbed his water bottle and chugged. His body was incredibly hot and he could feel his heart thudding throughout his body. He started working out for an hour before his team showed up for practice, so he was exhausted now. He had been training for two and a half hours without a break. Oikawa watched his teammates continue drills without him. He smiled when Iwaizumi made eye contact with him.

Hajime looked away immediately and spiked a ball.

Oikawa giggled and drank more water.

Iwaizumi came to a stopping spot and walked over. "Why are you taking a break already?"

Tooru pouted. "I got here an hour before today! I told you that!"

Hajime groaned and turned away.

"Ah wait!" Oikawa used the wall to stand up. He jumped over to his friend and grabbed his arm. "Do you want to get lunch tomorrow? My mom--"

"No." Iwaizumi cut him off briskly.

Tooru tugged at his arm a bit, "But I--"

"No." Hajime shrugged him off and walked away.

Oikawa crossed his arms and furrowed his brows. "Rude." He sighed and watched Iwaizumi continue playing.

"Oi, Tooru."

The slender boy looked over to see Mattsun eating candy. "Hm? Go eat your candy outside the gym."

Issei chuckled, "Sorry, Captain." He closed the bag, "I'll  eat lunch with you tomorrow. I'm free."

Oikawa clapped his hands together cheerfully. "Yay! I wanted Iwa-chan, but he declined very aggressively." He skipped over and held Mattsun's arm. "My mom needs help decorating her office space in our house and I'm too weak to move all her furniture. She asked for Iwa-chan too, but she loves you as well, Mattsun."

The taller boy nodded. "Cool. I can help."

Tooru smiled, "Thank you! Oh, what about Makki? Are you two not hanging out tomorrow?"

Issei shook his head, "He's doing stuff with his sister tomorrow and asked me not to join."

Oikawa giggled, "yes, he gets jealous because she tries to steal your attention due to her little crush on you~"

Mattsun blinked, "Really?"

"Mhmm~" Tooru squeezed his arm. "Maybe you should text him tonight about it."

"Maybe I will." Mattsun nodded thoughtfully. Mattsun Issei was very much in love with his best friend Hanamaki Takahiro. He and Oikawa had talked about it several times before because Tooru was also in love with his best friend. They were the only ones who knew the other was gay. Well, Mattsun was pan. "Text me what time tomorrow."

"Kay~" Tooru smiled blissfully and let go of his arm.

"And finish your break." Issei booty bumped him over to where Tooru had been sitting before.

Oikawa giggled and found his seat again. He drank his water contently.

Iwaizumi, across the gym, scowled and squeezed the ball he was holding. I say I don't want to go and he immediately replaces me? No, I shouldn't have been so mean to him...now he's going to spend the day with Mattsun...nothing will happen between them...why am I like this?

"I-Iwaizumi-san? I'm ready..." Kindaichi stammered from across the net.

Hajime apologized and hit the ball over.