Chapter 2 [ Deceit ]

Art by ya-pal on Tumblr

Third Person POV

The first thing Damian notices as he wakes up is the warm sensation across his body. Still sleepy and not completely awoken, he slowly opens his eyes. He looks around him. The walls are covered with posters and random pictures all around the room, only the little space between them reveal that the walls under are black. There are clothes all over the floor. Damian recognizes his near the bed, but this is not his room. He then notices that he is currently naked, covered by a strong arm and a blanket. He can feel someone's chest against his back. He could also feel that it was another man. Slowly, to not awake him, he slightly turns around, to see who that person was. For a second, he saw Roman. But then, he realized his mind was playing tricks with him. It wasn't Roman, it was Remus.

Damian sighed, disappointed that his fantasies still weren't true. Careful to not awaken the other man, he exited the bed. He took a moment to stretch his arms and then proceed to gather his clothes. 

It wasn't the first time he had sex with Remus. They had an arrangement. Remus would provide him with everything and anything he needed (information, Roman's personal effects, money, etc.) and in exchange, he only had to sleep with him. That was how he perceived it. He didn't consider his part of the deal to be hard to do, he thinks that Remus is the loser in this arrangement. It was Damian's idea. He knew that Remus had a crush on him, and he decided to exploit this information to his advantage. If you asked him, he would tell you that he wasn't being deceitful, that he had said to Remus multiple times that he didn't love him, that Roman was the only one in his heart. And Remus says he knows that. He accepted the deal by despair, knowing that Damian was using him. Deep down, he kept the hope that one day, Damian's opinion of him would change, that by doing him favors and sleeping with him he would grow feelings toward him. Maybe Remus had the wrong idea of what love was. But if Damian was still having sex with him after all this time, maybe he was on the right path?

Damian wasn't a big fan of their sexual encounters, but it was bearable. After all, Remus was Roman's twin, they had the same face, so it was easy for Damian to imagine that he was making love to the love of his life. The only thing that bothered him a little was that he didn't keep his virginity for Roman like he first wanted. He consoled himself by the thought that in exchange, he would impress Roman with all of his experience in bed.

As he finished dressing up, he sighed. What would he not give to be in another room of the house right now? He looked at the bed. He saw a naked Remus, still sleeping, drooling on the pillow he was now hugging, probably to replace the empty spot left by Damian. He would've preferred to not have to use Remus. He would've preferred to befriend his friends. He would've been able to hang out with Roman on a regular basis, instead of stalking him in the shadows. But he knew he couldn't do it. Patton was afraid of him. He thought he was intimidating because of his delinquent reputation. Because yes, after his encounter with Roman, he had promised himself he would never let someone else bully him, or just talk badly to him. At any threat, he would fight the shit out of anyone. He would also fight anyone who would gossip negatively about Roman, but he was more discreet, not striking with his fists, but with his intelligence. He didn't want anyone to ask why he, not a friend of Roman, was defending him so fiercely. 

The sound of water falling down broke him from his thoughts. He hadn't noticed the sound earlier, and it stopped as soon as Damian noticed it. Curious, Damian discreetly walked toward the door. He then slowly proceeded to open it. He had a sight on a hall with multiple doors. He knew there was a bathroom near Remus' room, so he supposed that someone was taking a shower. It wouldn't be surprising, it would soon be time to go to school. 

Suddenly, a door opened in the hall. Quickly, but careful to not make any sound, Damian closed the door. No one should see him, no one even knew he was in the house right now, or ever. He would always climb the wall to Remus' window to make sure that no one sees him. If Roman one day learns that he was "friend" with his brother... Even worse, that he was sleeping with him...

His curiosity still not satisfied, he opened the door again, discreetly. And the sight he had on the person who had exited the bathroom was worth the risk. It was Roman, only wearing a towel around his waist. Water drops were falling from his wet hair, falling on his muscular chest. Damian couldn't help but follow one with his eyes falling under the towel. Damian never had the occasion before to note how well-shaped Roman was under his clothes. Damian then admired Roman as he went to his own room, down the hall, far away from where he was.

Damian then closed the door a second time, flustered by what he just witnessed. A smile grew on his face. It was in moments like these that he was happy about his "relationship" with Remus.

952 words