Chapter 33

"Ah!" I hear my shrill voice louder than it's been in awhile. I sit up fast, disoriented and sweaty.

"Zoe?" I hear a voice, followed by running to my bed quickly. Something sits down and grabs my shoulders, "Zoe!"

"Get off!" I scream. I push at them, flailing wildly. 

"Zoe it's me!" Trish's voice comes out more clearer. I calm down and she asks, "Zoe, we need to talk about this. It's your third nightmare in a row. You and I both are losing sleep."

I shake my head, "Sorry." My voice sounds soft now in the tense air. 

Even in the dark, I know Trish is giving me an irritated look. It's been about five days since Flame has left. His absence is really worrying me. I didn't think he mattered this much to me, but I guess just knowing he was near me made me feel safer.

"You've got to tell me something. Is this about your Dad?"

"No," I frown. He, nor any of the Shadow compound, have bothered to come to the compound in the past five days, which worries me more. They wouldn't just forget about me like that, not when they are trying to prepare for the storm as Spirit put it.

"What's it about?"

Too many things that you don't need to know, "Just random nightmares. They should pass."

"Should?"

"They will," I correct myself with a smile I know Trish can't see. 

She looks at the clock, well it's three in the morning, what do you want to do?"

"Go back to sleep."

"Really?"

"No."

Trish laughs, "I thought so. You want to head to the training room and warm up?"

"Sure." That's what we've done these past mornings that I've woken up my roommate. We get ready quickly and start to head out. We whisper and try to be extra quiet in the hallways but once we get to a bulletin board in one of the huge main intersections I hear Trish curse rather loudly. I turn to her, "What?"

She points to a new flier, "Visiting day is coming up. No, no, this isn't good."

"What's that?"

"It's where your parents or guardians or whoever raised you with your ability come to the Omega Compound and visits."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

Trish sighs, "Not when you have extremely high standards you aren't even close to making."

"Not to mention that it's more of an annoying weekend when everyone spends time with their family while the ones without the relatives sit in the corner awkwardly," We turn around and see Beast with a towel around his neck. He's wearing a thin black tank top. "Where are you going?" He looks like he just took a shower or something.

"Training room," Trish answers.

"Why?"

"Because a certain someone doesn't know how to sleep past 3 o'clock," Trish smiles glancing at me.

Beast frowns, "Is everything okay?"

"Define okay," Trish says.

"We have to go practice," I say before Beast and Trish can finish their conversation. "Feel free to join us if you want."

"Thanks but I just took a shower, so I'm not planning on taking a second one this morning. I'll see you guys at breakfast, okay?"

"Okay, bye Beast," Trish waves as we continue our walk.