Unexpected Pairing

Dib walked all the way back to his house, a bit tired.
He went to the back of his house and climbed up the ladder and squirmed back though his window, dragged in his briefcase, and plopped down onto his bed.
His head hung over the side of the bed with his eyes closed. But then he smelled something nice emanating from his desk.
Dib opened his eyes and sat up. He looked over at his desk and there was dinner waiting for him.
It was nicely cooked turkey with gravy and seasoned with pepper and a glass of milk.
Dib climbed down from his bed and walked over to his desk to eat.
He hopped up on his chair and took at bite of his food. He could tell that his dad cooked it, when his dad cooked the food it always tasted a bit better. Dib wished that his dad cooked more often. Dib wished for a lot of things. But as his dad says,
"Wishing isn't very scientific."

After a bit, he had finished his food and laid his head on his arm that sat on top the desk. He seemed at bit more tired than usual at this time of day. Dib made a guess of about 5:30.
Although it was just a guess, his alarm clock still wasn't working so he couldn't check that.
He was also used to being able to monitor Zim's house while he was at his desk. But now the computers weren't working so he couldn't do that either.
He heard his door open as his father entered the room. "Uhm, son? Oh! There you are!" His father exclaimed.
"Oh, hey dad." Dib said. "Do you know what's happening with your sister? She's not saying anything. Just laying on the couch, staring at the ceiling." His dad asked. Dib just shrugged, he knew that his dad wouldn't believe him. Why would you believe that the alien boy at skool was causing the electronics to stop working?
"Son, you haven't been yourself lately. Are you alright?" Doctor Membrane asked. "Are you sick?" Dib could see his father was obviously worried.
"No, I'm not sick. I just...have some things on my mind?" Dib told his father.
"It you ever want to talk, I'm here. You know that right?"
Membrane was much more sympathetic towards Dib than usual.
"Yeah. I know dad." Dib replied. Membrane hugged his son, took the empty plate and glass, and then walked out the room.
But Dib did feel something was wrong. But he couldn't tell for the life of him what it was!
Before Dib knew it, it was 10:36. Dib still couldn't sleep. And he still couldn't figure out what was bothering him.
Eventually, he forced himself to stop thinking about it. But he was eventually able to fall asleep.

It was a nice Saturday morning and the sun was shining through Dib's window, lighting up the room a little.
Dib refused to get up and start the day. But then he heard his window open, and then close. That got Dib's attention, so he sat up to see what had opened his window.
Dib found a tiny sticky-note stuck onto his window sill. He ripped it off and read.
"We need to talk. Rooftop."
Dib got confused, but despite a bit of morning grogginess, decided to head up there anyway.
He climbed up to the roof and there waiting for him was none other then Zim, with his pathetic excuse for a human disguise.
"Hello, human." Zim said, getting into a sitting position.
"Well, isn't it a pleasure to see you?" Dib replied sarcastically. Because we all know that, to Dib, Zim's presence is never a pleasure.
"What do you want Zim?" Dib asked. "Well," Zim gestured for Dib to sit down with him. "You see, a little while after you left. I decided that I would try and fix GIR."
"While I was unwrapping GIR from that curtain that you rolled him up into. I walked away for a slight second to grab the tools required to fix him."
"And?" Dib said impatiently.
"While I was turning back to GIR, I realized that he had activated again and had ripped out the curtain."
"I tried to hold him down but he jumped up and pressed a button on the time machine, the one that I killed you with, and he jumped into it."

Dib's eyes widened.
"I was able to save the location that he was teleported to."
"Which is?" Dib asked.
"I'm not completely sure, but I DO know that he went to the past." Zim answered. "Well, what do you want me to do about it? He's your robot!"
Zim sighed and answered, "I never thought that I would have to stoop down this low but," Zim got up and folded his arms.
"You and I, are going to have to, and I can barely say this without revolting in disgust but, pair...up?"
Zim gagged with him saying that, and Dib just stared and said, "Are you joking? I don't think I can do that!"
"It's not a matter of if you think you can do it! It's a matter of you have to do it!" Zim told Dib.
Dib was obviously frustrated and confused by this, as was Zim.
Teaming up with your mortal enemy? That's a hard nightmare that these two would have to live.

"Have to? Why do I have to?" Dib asked. "Uhm, because I asked nicely?"
"No you didn't. You didn't ask anything of me."
"Oh, well...please?"
Zim stuck out his hand for Dib to shake, as if desperately trying to make a deal with Dib.
Dib groaned.
"Ugh, fine! Whatever!" Dib finally agreed. He stuck out his hand to shake Zim's.
"Ew, don't touch me." Zim said, pulling his hand back.
"But...you wanted me to shake on it." Dib said, confused. "LIES!" Zim shouted.
"But-ugh, forget it." Dib and just grabbed Zim's hand to shake on it. A deal was secured.
They both pulled away after a second, seeming repulsed.
"Uhh...so, where do we start?"
"Well, we need to go to my house first so c'mon." Zim told Dib.
"Uhm, lemme go get some somethings first." Dib said. "Fine. But be quick! We can't waste time." Zim told Dib. "I know, I know." Dib replied.
Dib sprinted back to the stairs and disappeared from the roof.
"Filthy human." Zim said to himself.
"HEY! I HEARD THAT!"
"YOU HEARD NOTHING EARTH WORM!!!"