uno

I feel so unsafe.

I didn't take a car because Zayn said people could easily report the license plate, but I have a feeling we was just giving the rookie a hard time.

Dick.

It's colder than it's been all winter combined with dreadful, pouring rain, which makes which makes an agonizing pair. It really doesn't make much sense for me to go tonight, considering everyone would be home with their loved ones, all bundled together.

My nose and fingers are already numb, but I can still feel the rapid thumping against my chest that began when Liam told me tonight would be my first job.

'Nightingfield' the street sign reads. So many thoughts of paranoia bounce from wall-to-wall in my troubled head, and I just want to close my eyes and forget all about this, but I'm too scared to even blink.

I walk to the second house on my left. None of the houses have lights on, but the second one doesn't have any cars parked; my safest choice.

"Search, flashlight, test, enter," I mouth to myself, over and over, as I examine the house.

I walk toward the narrow, shadowed side of the house, looking over my should too many times. There's only a small window on the side of the house. Too small to be a family room window, too small to be a bedroom window, but not small enough that I can't fit through.

Search. Flashlight. Test. Enter.

My heartbeat increases just when I thought it couldn't be beating any faster, any harder, and my breath is shaky.

Search.

I press my red nose to the cold, wet glass and cuff my hands around my eyes, trying to identify the objects in the dark room.

Flashlight.

I sigh shakily, knowing how risky the next step is, and not knowing what I'll see. I pray it just isn't two eyes staring back at me.

I crouch down to the ground and pull a flashlight out of my drenched backpack as slowly and quietly as I can with my shaking hands. Closing my eyes, I try to steady my breath and relax before standing back up.

I push the button, and light immediately pours out of the flashlight, making me jump.

"Chill out, just chill out, jeez, it's fine," I whisper to myself, irritated at how jumpy I am.

I point the light to the window, and can tell its a laundry room. There's matching machines and clothes scattered everywhere. No people, no eyes staring back at me. I sigh in relief, almost laughing.

Test.

Just two steps left.

No one is in there. There's no one home. There are no cars in the front. I'll be fine.

I tap lightly against the window and wait.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 seconds, and no sign of anyone.

Enter.

I slowly kneel to my backpack again, and my heartbeat is back to it's relentless knocking against my chest. My hands burrow through the bag before pulling out the crowbar, and I pray for peaceful hands and that this wont be as loud as I imagine it will.

I position the bend under the window, and press. It opens easier than I thought it would and with so much ease. I smile to myself, thinking that maybe, maybe I can get used to this.

I put the crowbar back, and slowly pull out the small hand gun I really don't want to use, and use the other hand to carefully drop my bag on a pile of clothes inside.

I can do this.

I can do this, I convince myself.

I climb through the window, and-- Holy shit. I'm in unwanted territory. Someone could shoot me, kill me right on the spot. This could my last moment. And, wow, what a shit life it's been.

Grab valuables, leave.

Just two steps, and I'm gone, back to safety.

I put the gun on safety, and set in in my pocket, turning to shut the window. My hands grip, pull, and tug, and it won't move. Shit, shit, shit, shit.

Hurry up, Lou, hurry the hell up, shit.

And then it happens. The one flick of the wrist, that changed my life forever.

In the midst of my struggling, the light behind me is turned on.

Shit. Oh my fucking shit.

"Uh..who are you?"

I'm dead.

a/n:

well, hi

this book is really not gonna be very dramatic or serious at all. this is the only chapter thats all cool and mysterious and dramatic and blah. it'll actually be "haha giggle funny" from now on sooo

yeah, okay, be happy, be nice to everyone. :)

i apoligize if this sucked and you just wasted some valuable time in your life, sorry