cuatro

I've made a lot of dumb decisions in my life.

I brought a lock pick to school once in the 6th grade to open the file cabinet by my teachers desk. I thought the homework answers where in there, for some reason. I also thought during passing period would be enough time. It was not.

I hired the marching band to play A Thousand Miles during my asking of Hannah Myers to homecoming. She said no, but even if she said yes, paying some band geeks $20 each to play the worlds dumbest song for a dumb girl would still be a dumb decision.

I wore prescription glasses because I thought it would look cool. I actually had to get some contacts afterwards because I screwed up my eyesight.

I dropped out of high school.

I took this dumbass 'supplier' job.

So obviously, some things never change.

The next dumb decision I make is following a stranger into their home, right after they caught me attempting breaking in.

Dumb. Probably the dumbest. But the greatest decision I've ever made, I would realize later on.

My dumbass fingers turn the chipped door knob, and I enter, slowly waking through the wooden-floored hallway until I reach an open living room with a ceiling higher than I was after dropping out of high school.

And then I stare the girl from earlier and whom has the right kill me any moment for trespassing. Why am I out here?

She looks up from her phone that she holds sideways next to a large pile of clothes on the coffee table.

"Oh. Or just follow me into my home, I guess..."

She looks back at the cellular device, tapping the screen a few times before making eye contact with me again.

"So, you're not gonna kill me, right?" She asks, eyeing the gun in my pocket.

"Are you calling the police," I ask, ignoring her question.

"Oh." She mocks a dumb-stoner laugh. Wait, or is that her actual laugh? "I probably should have done that," she says. "Uh, whoops. No, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood; I'm almost a B Lister!" She exclaims, her eyes lighting up with excitement, and I have absolutely no clue what to do, so like the idiot I am, I congratulate her.

"Thanks! What level are you?" She says, tapping the screen with concentration.

"I-I don't.. why aren't you calling the police?"

"Oh, uh.." She laughs, a little embarrassed, "I don't know.. you just don't really seem like a threat. Actually, like, really cute, heh, I--Oh, wait, crap, I mean-- yeah, we are forgetting about that... By the way, why are you breaking in?"

And then I realized.

This woman is a lot dumber than I ever was. Dumber Hannah Myers even.

Wow.

So dumb.

a/n:

I don't know how to spell four in Spanish. (Which is pronounced kw-aw-tr-oh, by the way. That's four in Spanish. Yeah.)