7

"Which clothes do you wanna bring?" I asked her as JJ unzipped her suitcases.

I want her to be free and feel as if she can make her own decisions.

"I wanna bring my pink clothes!" She giggled.

"She's so adorable." JJ smiled.

"So are you." I winked.

"Not as cute as you." He laughed.

I just smiled and continued packing Leila's bags.

I put all of her jeans and shorts in one suit case, along with bathing suits, underwear and socks. Then in the next suitcase JJ put her shirts, jackets, hoodies, and headbands and bows.

While they gathered up all the toys she wanted I went to go find her mother.

I could hear her moving around in the room next to Leila's.

I knocked on the door politely, as she slowly opened it.

"Hey. I'm sorry for the harshness I was showing earlier I wanted to apologize and tell you how grateful I am that you are letting us keep Leila." I smiled.

Of course I wasn't sorry. I hated this bitch. But I wanted to have an okay-ish relationship with my daughters biological mother.

"Of course I accept your apology. I'm so happy that she gets to live with people that really do care about her and will treat her with love and kindness. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking her." She smiled warmly.

I sighed in relief and asked,

"Do you have any boxes for her toys and all?"

"Actually yes I do. They are out in the garage I'll go get them." She said before walking off.

I went back into the room with JJ and Leila, and told JJ everything that happened, while Leila played with her toys.

"Here you go." Her mother said dropping off the boxes and tape gun soon heading back into her room.

"Alright lets get this packed." I smiled.

JJ began stuffing stuffed animals in one box, while I put dolls into the next. In the last couple boxes we put the random toys she had into those.

I picked up one box as well as my keys, and JJ picked up the rest.

we went to put them in the boot of the car.

I went back inside to grab the suitcases and car seats, while JJ started the car.

I handed JJ the last of her stuff while
I strapped one of the car seats into the backseat.

Leila sat in it and tried to buckle herself up, eventually failing.

"You were close sweetheart! We'll work on it." I smiled, strapping her in all the way.

"Thank you." She smiled back.

Once i shut her door, JJ and I got into the car.

He got settled and started playing music.

"Can I call you mommy and daddy?" Leila asked out of nowhere.

I got a bit overwhelmed, and couldn't reply for a few seconds.

"Of course baby." I said out of pure happiness.

"Yes pumpkin." JJ said, while Leila giggled.