Prologue

Gerard got dressed in his set of pajamas, which consisted of a black t-shirt and gray sweats, after he got home from disposing the body of his last victim. He remembered him being fairly young; somewhere in his late twenties, at best. Gerard knew he had to kill him, or else he would be damned to hell upon death, because that's what God told him. Gerard's savior commanded him to rid the world of people that have turned their backs on him and walked down the path of sin, and that's just what Gerard started to do. He would keep the victim hostage for some days, each time depending on how much fun Gerard had torturing, making the amount of days he spent with a victim vary, usually a couple of days to a week. Gerard remembered this victim he killed earlier today being on the brink of insanity from all the torture he endured before he was murdered; he would scream nonstop and always cry uncontrollably, and Gerard was getting fed up with it since it kept him up at night. Unable to bear it any longer, Gerard finished him, cutting his body up to pieces with an axe, and the whole time, he was almost emotionless. He felt absolutely no remorse for him; he was a homeless meth addict that also drank heavily, which is a life worth less than garbage in Gerard's eyes. After he killed this man, who was named Bert, Gerard cleaned up the scene of the killing and stuffed the limbs, torso, and head of his victim in a black trash bag, then drove to a bridge and dropped the bag into the large lake, where the remains will never be found. Bert didn't last that long, either; he spent about three days at Gerard's home at most.

Now, Gerard was ready to call it a night. He looked at the time on his phone, seeing that it's a little after three in the morning. Before going to bed, Gerard made a note to himself to pray before going to bed. Starting today, he had to find his next victim that's been indicted for many sins, and was unwilling to hand over his or her life over to God. He had to do it quick though, before it was too late for him. He didn't want to keep his maker waiting.

Gerard got on his knees on the side of his bed, bending down his head and folding his hands to pray. He thought for a while of what he was going to say, but soon enough, some things came to his mind.

"Our father in heaven, I pray to you to please bless me with your burning passion and ultimate power. I am unstoppable without you, Lord. Because I am, I will continue to do your bidding. The only way to absolve some people from their sins is to shed their blood, and it will be all for you, Lord. Please give me your strength so that I can appease you, father," Gerard paused. He thought for a bit of what verse to say, and within seconds, he knew just which one to say. "Psalms 58:10. The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked. Amen."