Chapter 2

Saturday, 10:14 AM

    Frank sleepily opened up his eyes, finding himself in a bedroom. He quickly realized that he’s still in Gerard’s house. He tried sitting up, but something was holding him down. He looked to see that all his limbs were cuffed to the bed. Panicking, he tried setting himself free, tugging his arms and legs, but to no avail. His wrists and ankles felt so sore from likely being bound like this for a while. Frank began to hyperventilate, frantically looking around.

    “Help!” he screamed, hoping that someone will hear him and set him free so he can get the hell out and continue making his way to his mom’s house, who must be worried sick for him. “Help me! Somebody help me! Please, someone let me out!”

    Frank heard the door open, sighing with relief that someone must’ve heard his cries, but that sigh of relief quickly turned to a state of pure bewilderment. It was Gerard that opened the door, but he was wearing something that made Frank mouth “what the fuck” silently. Gerard was dressed in a robin egg blue dress and ballerina flats, a bow in his long black hair. He smiled at Frank, walking up to him.

    “Gerard, please let me out!” Frank begged. “Please, let me leave--”

    “Gerard’s not here right now,” the person that apparently wasn’t Gerard said in a feminine and high-pitched voice. “Will you play with me?”

    “What…? What do you mean Gerard isn’t here?” Frank asked, stuttering from how confused and mortified he was.

    “He’s gone somewhere, but he’ll be back. I wanna play with you,” the unknown personality said. Frank soon realized that Gerard is seriously mentally ill, and there was more than one person living inside him.

    “Who are you?” he asked.

    “I’m Sally. I’m six,” the girl, apparently named Sally, said to Frank. “Won’t you play with me?”

    “I can’t, I’m sorry. I need you to let me out, please!” Frank yelled, feeling himself on the verge of tears.

    “I can’t do that. Gerard will kill you if I let you go, and I’ll get grounded,” Sally whined.

    “He can’t kill me if he doesn’t know where I’m at! Just please let me out, and I promise I’ll do whatever you want!”

    “You promise?” Sally said, her eyes lighting up.

    “I promise. Just please let me go,” Frank begged.

    “Yay!” Sally exclaimed. She grabbed the keys to the handcuffs out of her dress pocket, then undid the cuffs. Frank sighed with relief, still feeling his wrists and ankles throb in pain. He didn’t have time to play with Sally, though. He had to get out fast before Gerard “comes back”. Frank got up from the bed and quickly walked out of the bedroom, making his way downstairs and darting to the front door. Sally quickly caught up with him and blocked Frank from his door to freedom, a look of betrayal on her face.

    “You told me you’ll play with me!” she said in a frustrated tone.

    “I can’t! I need to get out of here--”

    Frank saw Sally’s head hang down, void of any speech. Fuck, Frank thought. Gerard could be returning to his normal self…

    “I can’t let you do that, Frank,” Gerard said, his voice back to normal as he smiled wickedly.

    “You motherfucker! Just let me go already!” Frank yelled, his heart in his chest beating fast. He suddenly fell back when Gerard shoved him to the ground, landing right on his can with a loud thud. Gerard then grabbed his Bible and opened it up as he stood over Frank, who was completely helpless.

“Romans 8:8. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God. Say it,” Gerard demanded.

“Fuck you! Kiss my ass!” Frank yelled, just to be kicked hard in the jaw by Gerard, knocking him nearly unconscious as the place he was kicked began to throb. He could have sworn that he felt something crack in his mouth. This was confirmed when Frank tasted warm blood.

“Say it, Frank!” Gerard said again, raising his voice.

“No!” Frank yelled back. Gerard bent down and slapped Frank across the face with his hefty Bible, making Frank repel and collapse again.

   “Say it, Frank! Repent and beg for forgiveness!” Gerard nearly screamed.

“I won’t! I didn’t even do anything
wrong! Just please...let me go,” Frank pleaded.