02. La Push

CHAPTER TWO
(la push)

         Thorn furrowed his brows seeing the small sign that said 'La Push'

         Thorn furrowed his brows seeing the small sign that said 'La Push'. He had just woken up from a short nap and to his mother humming along to some indie song," Uh, mom..."

"Yes?" Catherina sang in tune of the current song

"I'm not sure—if your lost, but isn't Forks the other way?" He asked slowly

She hummed nodding her head," Yeah, but I decided to make a detour and visit a few old friends"

"Old friends?" He questioned furrowing his brow," When did you ever come to La Push?"

His mother let out a laugh and turned her head slightly," It was about 45 years ago, when you went on that meditation ritual—I ended up coming here on a recommendation from one of the healers I studied with"

Suddenly her son had a smirk form on his face," Did you happen to meet anyone?"

"Are you suggesting, that it was a pleasure trip?" Catherina asked in disbelief and Thorn didn't deny her words," Oh, gosh no—I went to La Push to help with medical distribution. Besides, most of those in the Rez had hardly accepted outsiders as much. I was lucky at the time that they needed my medical assistance"

"So, friends—? Aren't they pretty old now?"

Catherina's eyes fell at his words and nodded her head slowly," They should be in their late fifties...yes"

Thorn's eyes widened at his words and quickly lowered his head apologetically," Sorry"

The mother shook her head and smiled," It's okay, I know you didn't mean it in a harsh way"

The car filled with a mellow silence, as the song his mother was listening to came to an end. Thorn pursed his lips and decided to change the subject" Did they know about you being a witch?"

"Well aren't you just throwing questions out there" Catherina faced her son for a moment smiling," But to answer your question, yes they know, and surprisingly they were very sympathetic to it"

"If only everyone was as considerate as them" Thorn mumbled letting a sigh leave his lips leaning on the cold window," It'd be a lot easier for us"

Catherina didn't respond since her thoughts yet again drifted to her past. All she could think about was when her father suddenly declared his goal to hunt the evil.

At the time, she and Carlisle had both gave in the belief agreeing with him—but the moment they figured out the many innocent lives he'd taken over the false presumptions—they both saw the horror that it was.

Their father—their once-loving father had become worse than those, he called monsters. Her lips lifted in a pitiful smile at the idea of her father finding out she was one of those 'monsters'. Her head tilted slightly as she thought about what Carlisle would also think—would he also consider what she was as a disgrace?