14. Finale Pt.2

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
(finale pt.2)

             The fuming hunger of rage poured into Catherina's ears as the Denali's screamed at their lost sister

The fuming hunger of rage poured into Catherina's ears as the Denali's screamed at their lost sister. However, while she wanted to calm them and tell them it was an illusion she created—and that the real Irina was safe, but she held back until things were back into their hands.

The retrieval of conversations balanced between the leader and Bella and Catherina didn't feel a pulse of adrenaline within her. She was curious on why she acted earlier—she was curious why the voice within took control and saved the Denali—even if she reviled death, she was not one to intervene with the fate of another that had no connection to her.

Caius smiled coldly. "Now she has taken full responsibility for her actions."

Catherina remained concentrated on the calmness within her heart. The entire time of the encounter, she held onto her brother's hand. The voice in her head had told her it was no longer dangerous, but she refused to let it go.

However, the balance had seemed to leak into her doubts—and it caused her to intercede without her will of sensibility.

Catherina released her brothers' hand and allowed him to state the sense into the furious sisters that proceeded to seek revenge, "Listen to me, Tanya, Kate," Carlisle said in a low but intense whisper, "Vengeance doesn't help her now. Irina wouldn't want you to waste your lives this way. Think about what you're doing. If you attack them, we all die."

Tanya's shoulders hunched with grief, and she leaned into Carlisle for support. Kate was finally stood still and Carlisle continued to console the sisters with words too urgent to sound like comfort.

Aro continued to exchange his words with the other witnesses present. All of which, remained the same as what they truly thought about the child. A thin grin kept to his lips as he conceded that they were too meagre to dare and lie to him.

"And what of you, Catherina?" Aro appeared before her, just inches away—While he expected her to flinch, he got nothing but a blank expression. One that lacked fear and that willing caused the interest within himself to grow in excitement.

"The satire" Catherina proceeded as she kept her eyes locked onto the leader," The incredulity that you still wear, even with my words—you will continue to probe into finding a reason for insolence. What you seek isn't our words, but a reason to define the hindrance that even as someone as longstanding as yourself can not seem to understand"

Aro wanted to be angry, he wanted to deploy that she was wrong—However, from the way she looked at him—she didn't seek defiance against him. She didn't seek a reason to fight, instead, she looked at him with reason.

She respected the man, in a sense of balance.

"You don't seek the reason for a fight," He said with deliberateness," What is your aim?"