EPILOGUE

The hardest thing for Catherina was having to part with her son

The hardest thing for Catherina was having to part with her son. While he found the place, he called home in La Push with his partner Seth. It was where his soul synchronized with contentment.

The mother knew it was inevitable, however, she never wanted to believe it, but in the end—she came into terms that it was bound to happen.

While Garrett had told her, they didn't need to leave, she refused his kind gesture. Because just like him, Catherina was a traveller.

Staying in one place was never something she wanted and while it was a nice sentimentality most would probably dream of; she was certainly not one of them.

Besides, she and Garrett both were on a journey, to find Charlotte.

The pair had found from Carlisle that while Lottie had not suffered any damage from the bullet wounds—she was found to have been ill—Much to Garrett's heart nearly breaking at the part, only for his friend reassuring him that he had turned her—with her consensus of course.

However, after turning her—she thanked him and left. Carlisle had no information on where she currently was or even if was still alive, though he didn't say the last part, but Garrett understood and thanked him for what he has done.

"Whenever you need me, call me, my friend" Garrett said gratefully before stepping out to give the siblings their time to say goodbye.

When the pair of blondes watched him step out, they both shared a look of compassion—both for different reasons.

For Carlisle a friend that he would be repeatedly grateful for, who he also knew to trust to protect and care for his little sister.

As for Catherina was the happiness that she pursued for many centuries, while the two still had a while before pursing into a relationship, the two found harmony from each other through a short time.

They had all the time, so there was no rush.

"You know, Garrett was never the kind of many I ever imagined for you" Carlisle closed his eyes saying while bringing a hand to his chin. While it was true and almost absurd that someone as adventurous as the nomad—would settle down. However, he trusted his friend enough not to threaten.

"You know I can hear your thoughts my dearest brother," Catherina said slowly as her arms folded in amusement. Though, she knew that her brother was almost pulling her arm in this. Sure, it was true, Garrett was different from what she found herself drawn to—but the man was just so amicably sincere when it came to things important to him.

"You take care of yourself Cat and don't be a stranger," Carlisle said to her while placing a hand on her head.

"You as well, Li" Catherina brought her arms around his torso and embraced his tightly," Honestly, I didn't expect it to be so soon for us to part," Carlisle returned the embrace and placed his chin on the top of her head.