Chapter 1

Rebecca POV

"Don't even think for a second I'll be accepting a hybrid  and a nerd like you as my mate." The way he said it made my wolf whimper in pain and I felt something else which made me panic a little.

"I wasn't." I say bowing my head in respect and hiding my naturally hazel brown eyes from him with my platinum blond hair that looked almost a silver color how light it was, my skin wasn't so pale but compared to normal wolves natural tan skin I was definitely pale.

"I don't believe you." He growled and I could hear my wolf whimper again.

Stop whimpering! I almost yell at her, not because I didn't understand her pain of her mate rejecting her but because I knew that if she didn't at some point Nerezza would wake up, and we didn't need that when Chase wasn't here.

I can't! I suddenly felt a bit guilty for yelling at her.

"Trust me I didn't.. could you let me go?" I ask seeing as his arms were only inches from both sides of my head and I was pinned to a wall. Thankfully I have a free period so I won't be late to any classes.

"No, who the hell do you think you are giving me orders? You're nothing but a pathetic excuse for a wolf." I hear Scarlett howl in pain and I bite my lip placing my hands on his chest feeling the familiar sparks that I felt when I touched Chase and pushed on his chest slightly as a shiver went down his back.

"Look, my wolf has suffered enough of your words for one day, so please just leave me alone." I say in barely a whisper as Scarlett's pain was running through me and felt my eyes sting from holding back the tears. It had been a while since I've felt that.

"Let's see how she feels after this." My eyes widen and I look up at him, surely he wasn't gonna..

"I, Darren Zayed Cole, reject you, Rebecca Walker, as my mate." I felt part of my heart break but then Chase ran through my mind and love filled it again.

You'll be ok Scarlett.. you wanna know why? All I could hear was her whimpering and howling of pain in return as I took a long breath.

"Go to hell Cole." I say pushing him with all my strength pushing him a few feet away watching his surprised eyes before I started walking away.

Because this asshole will never treat you.. no, treat us the same way he did. And deep down I know he's looking for us and will find us. I say to her, yes, werewolves and vampires certainly didn't get along, far less with pure blooded vampires, but Chase was the exception for her. Because Nerezza was his mate he was a total sweetheart even to Scarlett and he was loving towards all of us.

But he's not my mate. Was her only replay with a chocked cry and her pain was big enough to make my mood a bad one, I know she was hurting, I know she was yearning to be touched by him, to be marked by him, but I had to make her understand that her mate had a hole where his heart is suppose to be, because he doesn't even have a stone in there. 

Your mate is selfish and as you saw doesn't care for you nor me, all he cares about is himself and his reputation. Isn't that what Alpha's are like? I ask her walking towards my next class pain still in my chest from his rejection.

No! I could feel his wolf calling for me! He wants me! She yells making me sigh.

We have Chase Scarlett, I can't be with both of them at the same time and there's no way I'm choosing mean and heartless over kind and loving. I say back to her as the bell rings and I walk into class.

No! You and Nerezza have Chase! She says in a cry making me want to cry from her pain.

Chase loves you too Scarlett you know that.. you're just hurt because that asshole rejected us. I say back to her but she blocks me out.. I knew today would be a bad day and I wasn't wrong. I still feel pain in my heart and felt a bit dizzy but I think because I'm not a full wolf I didn't feel the full blow of the pain created by his words.

I wonder how he feels of saying those words, could his wolf be as hurt as mine? I think his wolf would suffer more because it's an Alpha, and Alphas were an emotional wreck. When they were mad no one could calm them but their mate because of their overwhelming feelings towards them. Because Alphas are more powerful their emotions are 3 or more times heighten from normal ones. If Scarlett was right and he did want his mate then I don't know how Cole is dealing with it.

Time went by with me thinking about him and then thought of Chase..

Flashback

"Say hello to your new cellmate." I hear and look up to see a passed out boy around 10 years old being thrown my way. I jumped and got closer to the wall hearing the clank of the chains as I do.

"Chain him." The man known as my father said in a mad tone, he hates me because my mother died giving birth to me. Humans weren't able to handle pregnancy from neither wolves nor vampires and my mother knew that yet she still chose to have me.. which made my father angry and locked me up away from the rest of the world experimenting on me finding new ways to torture wolves and weaken them but, because I'm half human normal wolf  weaknesses such as silver or wolfsbane didn't work on me.

I do as told too scared of him punishing me again chaining the boy next to me examining him, he was cute, pale light brown hair or dirty blond.. but he looked hurt. I suddenly noticed the wooden stick pushed through his heart and knew that was the reason. He had to be a pureblood vampire, otherwise he would've died. But this probably made him pass out because he was still a child from what I know grown adults aren't even phased by fire.

I noticed my father was gone and I place my hand on the wooden stick quickly pulling it away from him and lifted his shirt to see if his wound would heal. I see as it started to heal and suddenly his eyes snapped open.