Chapter 3

Rebecca POV

A week.. it's been a week since the day he rejected me and I haven't even talked to him again, not that I was planning to or even talked to him before finding out he was my mate. That being said, I could never help glancing his way when his intoxicating smell was close and how my heart would sink and break a little when he would purposely kiss or touch another girl while knowing I was looking.. like right now he has his favorite blond bimbo against her locker letting his hands roam her body and his lips purposely resting in the place he would have to mark his mate. I could see the smirk on his lips as his eyes glanced at me.

"Now what is this I'm seeing?" My head snapped to look beside me. A muscular guy stood next to me and suddenly I was pulled away from him before getting a good look at him by all 4 of my friends and they stood in front of me protectively but I try looking through them to see the guy but continued to fail.

"What the hell is the vampire prince doing here?" Sara hissed but all I could do was breath in through my nose trying to smell the new guy by avoiding the overwhelming scent of Cole but this scent was powerful as well. His scent, death, blood, mint.. Chase.

"Chase.." I mumble and all 4 of my friends look at me tilting their heads in confusion as to who the hell I had just called.

"Hey Rebecca." I felt a chocked cry leave my lips at his sweet voice as I push through my friends to him letting myself be engulfed by his warmth and the sparks that went through my body with the familiar scent we loved so much even though it was suppose to mean 'stay away' for every wolf it meant 'come closer' to me.

"Hey, don't cry princess." He says softly cupping my cheek and I felt myself sigh, his touch was so different from the rough one Cole would sometimes give us, or how he would push me away. Chase's eyes held so much love in them, love that only belonged to us, it even made Scarlett melt.. so different from her mate's cold glances.

"I'm sorry." I whisper pulling a chuckle out of his perfect lips. I could feel people looking at us but I couldn't care less.

"Why are you apologizing?" He whispers caressing his thumb on my cheek so softly I had to close my eyes to savor the feeling.

"Because I'm being weak." I say making him chuckle again.

"Really? Cause the only thing I see is a girl that has battled way too many battles and is just now letting herself rest." I feel his hand go down my neck slowly then my arms letting his fingers linger sending shivers down my back.

"You've gotten so beautiful." He whispers to my ear and I hear a growl that only Scarlett payed attention to but my mind was fogged by Chase's touch as he got closer letting his hot breath caress my ear making me shiver again.

"But you're so hurt.. why? Who's causing you so much pain, princess?" He whispers letting his lips linger on my ear making me shiver placing my hands on his biceps that had certainly grown to keep myself from losing my balance before my eyes landed on Cole who somehow had his eyes fixated angrily on me.

"I see, so Scarlett found her other half and he turns out to be an ass.. no worries Scarlett. I'll take the pain away.. I'll bring her back." My eyes snap to look at Chase wide open.

"What?" I ask and he smiles placing both his hands on my hips pulling the oversize shirt up so that he could touch my bare skin making my breath hitch.

"Just let yourself get lost with me Rebecca." He whispers before pulling me towards him and kissing my lips. My eyes widen before I close them letting my hands slide up his arms to his hard chest to reside in his hair, running my fingers through it feeling the softness and letting myself kiss back allowing him to deepen the kiss by parting my lips to allow him access to my wet cave which he of course explored. I feel his hands hug me closer to him letting his fingers do circles on my bare skin and it's like the world around us stopped and it was only me and him.. and then.

"The hell is wrong with you?!" I was pulled away from him but I could feel it.. it wasn't me anymore. And she wasn't too happy she was pulled away from her mate. I see Chase smirk as his eyes look at me and my hand raises taking my glasses off letting them fall to the ground breaking and my view adjusted again seeing much clearer now allowing me to see Cole had Chase by the shirt but he seemed unfazed his eyes only on me and what I will do.

I walk closer to them taking Cole's hand and glare at him, not even Scarlett dared protest at this. She knew better than to test Nerezza, even if Nerezza had a liking to her something tells me Nerezza feels Scarlett's pain and knows it was because of him.

"Get your fucking hands off him." My voice was dripping with venom sending a shiver down Cole's spine as I pushed his hand away from us and Chase wraps his hand around me from behind.

"Good to have you back." He says kissing my neck and I instantly felt the anger within calm until it was nonexistent.

"I've missed you." I whisper letting my hand run through his soft hair.

"Come on, let's go and get you some new cloth." He says to my ear and I knew he was giving Cole a victorious smirk.

"But don't we have class?" I ask making him chuckle.

"We can start tomorrow." He says pulling away and taking my hands in his warm ones.

"Let's just enjoy a long awaited reunion." He says making my lips turn into a smile and let him lead the way with our hands intertwined without another look back.