One Shot - A Concerned Chlo

Summary: Set when Jess and Beca first begin dating. Chloe and Aubrey begin to be very concerned about their fellow Bella.

Things have been tense between the two girls recently. Well, that's an understatement. Beca's has become closer and closer friends with Jesse, a new boy who has waltzed into her life to steal her away from Chloe. Because of this, and Chloe's secret feelings towards Beca, the past few weeks have full of more than the usual number of arguments, and definitely more secrets. 

Aubrey has been telling Chloe she needs to talk to Beca, not about her feelings towards her, but towards the situation. 

"Aubrey, how am I supposed to tell Beca I don't trust Jesse when I can't give her a legitimate reason I don't trust him?" They were sitting in Aubrey's dorm room, Aubrey at her desk working on homework, while Chloe laid on the bed staring up at the ceiling as she talked.

"Why can't you give her a legit rea- Chloe, no. You didn't tell her what he said to you?" With this comment, Aubrey turned in her chair to glare at Chloe. The redhead could feel her best friend's stare so she sat up, her cheeks turning red. 

"Dude, the messages in that conversation with Jesse straight up say I'm in love with Becs. I can't just be like 'hey your boyfriend is a douchebag who treated me like shit and hates me because I have feelings for you.' Aubrey, there is no way for me to be able to tell her about my conversation with him, she can never know." 

Chloe had been reiterating this statement for so long, she believed it herself. Beca can never know Chloe has feelings for her, and that is the way things had to stay. Aubrey disliked how much she knew this was hurting Chloe. She saw the pain behind her eyes every time the ginger saw her best friend with the boy who'd come out of nowhere and stolen Beca without any warning. Despite the dislike between the tall blonde and the short brunette, Aubrey was still concerned about the relationship as well.

Beca had just barely gotten out of her toxic high school relationship, and just as she decided she needed time to herself, to figure out who she wanted to be, Jesse swooped in with smooth words and sweet gestures, playing it off as though he was helping her through her difficult time. It doesn't take much to see how sketchy the boy is, but Beca is too involved to see the issue. Not to mention the way he treated Chloe of all people. Sure, she has feelings for the girl, but she does everything out of purely platonic love. She is Beca's best friend, she knows that, and so she acts accordingly. 

"I'm so sorry you have to go through this, Chlo. I wish there was a way I could help fix all of this. Jesse is not good for Beca, and we are the only two people who can see it, but unfortunately there's nothing we can do to change it.  You just have to be there for her, Chlo. When Jesse breaks her heart, she's going to go to YOU, no one else. She's going to need you. You are her best friend and when it comes down to it, THAT'S what matters, okay?" 

Chloe was laying back on the bed now, watching the smallest dust particles as they floated through the air. Hot tears slowly dripped down her face, the lump in her throat keeping her from speaking back immediately. She nodded. 

Aubrey walked over & gave her a hug when there was a knock on the door. 

"Aubrey? Hey, you in there, dude? And is Chloe in there with you?" Beca's voice was muffled behind the door. 

Aubrey turned to look at Chloe as if to ask what to do, but before she could, Chloe was up, wiping away tears, clearing her throat, and heading towards the door. 

Putting on the biggest smile she could, Chloe opened the door for Beca. "Hey! Oh my gosh, sorry, we were just talking about what kind of dog Christina Aguilera would be if she was one!" 

Aubrey sat on the bed, putting on her own smile, wondering how Chloe had come up with such a random cover so quickly, and listening as Beca groaned her way into another obscure argument with Chloe.