The Shadow and the Divine

Kai
Aphmau
Garroth
Dante
Lillith
Alina
Gene
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As Kai swings the sword she picked up, she is knocked down.
Can't use your powers? Weakling.
Gene puts his sword against her neck. Kai swings the sword, but can't hit Gene because of the sword on her neck.
What do you want?
Just for you to come back.
I'm not going back.. Not today. Name something else.
I don't want anything. Just for you to come back.
I said I'm no-
There is a knock on the door, Dante was there. Dante opens the door, and notices Kai. She shakes her head, signaling Dante to be quiet. Dante turns around, drawing his double katanas. Gene pounces on Dante.
Little brother.. How wonderful to see you here..
Gene... Let. Her. Go.
Dante, why should I do that?
Dante... Please, just go.. I'll be fine...
Dante shakes his head. Kai tries to scoot behind a box, but is stopped by Gene.
Kitten. You can't escape... Not again.
Kai twitches, and shakes her head.
I'm not going anywhere. Especially not with you.
~~~~~~~~~Kai Point Of View~~~~~~~~~
As I try to escape, I am stopped by Gene. His voice is absolutely horrible, and brings back so many horrible memories. Suddenly, I remember an old poem my adoptive mother read to me many times. "Shadows may hide in darkness, don't let darkness consume you. Bring out the light, and stop the shadows." I then feel something welling up, and Gene notices. He puts the purple sword against my neck, pushing down harder every time I move. By the time my bone can feel the sword against it, the urge to release this unknown feeling has risen up to the surface. I let it take control, and I pass out.
~~~~~Third Person Point Of View~~~~
A bright light. A bright, blinding, light. It shoots from the girls body. A pair of bright purple ears and a tail pop out of her body, unfamiliar to everyone. A woman walks into the room, and scoops up the girl. The women exit the room, leaving the men dumbfounded.