The Plaza

Kai
Aphmau
Katelyn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Kai pov)

I sit up, after taking a short nap. I feel my head, noticing my ears never went away. I look around, and see that there is a clean dress and matching cloak. I put the clothes on, and walk outside of my room. There's no one on the boat, so I walk off the boat onto land. I look around, and find Aphmau and Garroth at a merchant stall. I hide my ears and tail with the hood, knowing that the people of Brightport aren't keen with wolves. I walk up to Aphmau and Garroth, and stand behind Garroth, and whisper to Aphmau.
Is my tail showing?
You're good.
I nod, and smile. I look at the merchant stand, and the wind suddenly blows extremely hard. I try to grab the cloak, but I was to late. The cloak flies off of my body, into the air, leaving me in the open with my ears and tail. I notice all of the people staring at me, and whispering to get the guards. I notice the merchant grabbing his things and running. I notice Aphmau and Garroth standing in front of me. I notice Lady Katelyn putting her hand on my shoulder. I notice my heartrate going up and a small voice in my head getting louder and louder repeating over and over with just one word: mate. I might have had a crush on Katelyn earlier, but with her as my mate, that crush turned into an obsession almost.