Cracks In Evolution

Gabby Helmsley

I was with my parents in their office as I sat on the desk with my gear on and my legs crossed.

"Gabriella, get off the desk." Stephanie says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Sweetheart, just get off the desk." Dad says.

I sigh and get down and follow them to the curtain.

Our theme plays and we all walk out. The crowd chants my first name. I smile as we walk down the ramp. Randy takes my hand and I yank it out and he smirks. I glare and walk up the steps.

We all stand in the ring and my dad gets a mic. He starts talking smack. So does Stephanie.

"And if you want a member of The Authority... Or Evolution... You got one... You got a member of The Authority... Tonight... It's gonna be... Roman Reigns... Vs Gabby Helmsley." Stephanie says.

I was shocked and angry. What? I narrow my eyebrows and my dad turns to me.

"I can explain." He says.

"Then get to explaining!" I say.

"You're taking one for the team. If you love me, you'll take this for me." Dad says.

I sigh and let some tears fall. He wipes them.

"Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta... Shield."

The Shield walks out and down the stairs. Dad gets me out of the ring and pulls me up the ramp with The Authority and Evolution as The Shield gets into the ring.

"Hold on... Did you just... Did you just sellout.. Your own daughter? The one who's helped you most? Protected you? Took a spear to hell from Roman Reigns just last week for you? That match is not gonna happen." Dean says.

I look at my dad and he fixed my hair and necklace then kisses my head.

"Ms. Helmsley... Haha... The beautiful Gabby Helmsley..." Dean says.

I look at him and wave with a smile.

"Listen, sweetheart... You don't need... The Authority... Or Evolution... Do you really wanna stay with your stepmother from hell and your daddy who's forcing you to date that cream puff and be friends with that blueberry and that monster that he knows kidnapped and hurt you and makes you do his dirty work then just gives all the credit to Randy?" Dean says.

I look down.

"Don't listen to him, Gabriella." Dad says.

"Or do you wanna come... With us? The Hounds of Justice... We're a real team. I can be a true friend to you. Roman can truly protect you AND be a damn good friend to you. Dean... Haha... He can do a whole lot more for you in love and romance than Orton can provide you with." Seth says.

I blush as Dean smirks and winks at me. Dad snaps his fingers in my face and I grab his wrist. The fans cheer. The Shield look on and amusement. I take the mic and put it up to my mouth.

"Don't ever... Put your hands... In my face." I say.

I drop his hand.

"Who's side are you on?!" Dad yells into the mic.

I smirk.

"You'll find out." I say.

I walk away.