Chapter Two

Chapter 2

I think the worst part of being a senior is getting your schedule on the first day then 2 weeks max, it changes. I'm telling you right now, my school goes insane. As always like in the movies you see everyone's excited to see each other. You got separated groups like the jocks, nerds, goths, and some can be regularly mutual with everyone & then there's me, the loner. Listen, it's not that I'm antisocial.. I just enjoy being alone- well I mean, I never had somebody that enjoys being around me that much. I grew up in a complicated solitary life. My principal Mr. Hoult and I aren't the best of buddies, but my guidance counselor Hank always reasons with him about my actions. Every year I go visit Hank to talk about what's been going on lately, he even asks me if I ever considered being clean. It's so hard trying to, that rehabilitation center gives me so much back lash it makes me sick to my stomach. They would force me to puke, putting their fingers down my throat and lock me up in a room far from everyone. It made me crazy, I don't really get sleep & when my parents come to visit I couldn't find the words to speak. I get called "The Mute" or "Dead girl" a lot, which grew on me.. so me considering to be clean I just wiped off the board. Hank's not a bad guy, I appreciate his offerings & his help but I just don't want that for myself. But overall we would have a 30 minute talk about everything that's been going on with me. To go on about my school days I would start off with the hallways. I always start my day in school going to my locker, gathering the things i need for my classes included my laptop. But one thing that bothers me is how loud jocks can be in the morning, and the first guys to start it up is Jesse and his best friend Jacob. Of course the pretty looking dudes with horrible personalities are the star players of every sport in school but somehow they manage to get great grades and end up being the school's influencers. Jesse is like, super rich. He throws all the parties I never get invited to but somehow I end up going anyways. His dad is seriously high class but I honestly think he's weird as fuck, trust me when I say this. But when it comes to Jacob and Jesse their each other's right hand man, you can say their loyalty for each other runs deep. Now Jacob is from Korea, his mom cooks on a real popular TV show called "Lisa's Cooking Book," But Jacob is very unusual. When he isn't around Jesse he hangs with Scarlett's best friend Snow.. one the smartest boys in school. I wonder if he's paying him for education ... Anyways, high school gets interesting when there's a lot of secrets & gossips everywhere. Mostly it's in the bathroom, girls would talk all day about everything and then the graffiti on the bathroom doors. Boys would talk about which girl they shared & boned or make bets over stupid shit.. about girls of course. Okay this isn't gonna get any better & I definitely can't stress this enough. Mornings like this I definitely need to cyph up or something, maybe I should text Carter on lunch- cut class or something, I don't know. My schedule is pretty shitty..

Period 1 - Physics
Period 2 - Chemistry
Period 3 - Art
Period 4 - History
Period 5 - Gym
Period 6 - Tech
Lunch
Free Period 8

My first two periods I fall asleep in because.. Well it doesn't grab my attention - I lose interest but, My teacher Mr. Benji hates my guts because of my sarcasm in Art class, but I can't help it.. It's fun. I came late so he attempts to throw me under the bus by asking me a question,

"Ms. Howard! Can you explain why you were late to class?"

" Steve I've been told to go to hell, I couldn't find it but, I'm here now.. Good morning to you too."

And it's everyday with him, different question.. I give smarter answers, eventually get sent to the office because he's tired of me. I don't have to be going anywhere but I needed to get out that class for sure. And of course Hank is on the rescue. Sometimes I wonder if he ever gets tired of me getting kicked out of classes, like come on, I'm a wreck. Yet, Hank finds every way to help me survive this school. Lunch came and I finally texted Carter, she gave me bad news- no cyph. I'm actually bummed out because I really needed that to end my day at school, it sucks being sober. I still skipped lunch anyway & spent my lunch period on stage in the auditorium but, today was seriously out the ordinary.