Chapter Five

As the worried daughter that I am, I was very impatient in the family room waiting to be updated with what's going on with my mother. My anxiety was kicking in again to a point I couldn't stay focused on anything, I was pacing back and forth in the room- sitting down wouldn't help because then I'll just be shaking my leg like crazy. Minutes passed and finally a tall dark skinned male with a white doctor coat on walked in and asked for us, I immediately stood up hoping to hear something good. Gloria was sitting in the corner in shocked trying to process all of this that is going on right now while Junior is trying to get her to speak.

" Well Ms. Woods, good news is that your mother is okay. She's asleep right now but her breathing and everything are slowly getting better. Only issue is your mother is suffering something that has no cure but only has treatment for it, she maybe be diagnosed with schizophrenia- we will do everything we can to keep her stable and healthy again."

I didn't have anything to say but just nod my head and sit back down. This is literally the last thing I needed as of today, I really just wanted to have a day of peace and no problems but it seems like problems always find its way to bother me which is highly unfortunate because, I can't seem to get good days in my life after my parents separation. I told Junior to keep an eye on Gloria for me while I step outside for a bit to get some fresh air.. I wasn't really paying attention to who was in front of me but I accidentally bumped into somebody. I looked up to see who it was and boy why am I not surprised, It was that same boy who creeped me out at lunch today and again I go staring at him. All jokes aside he's very beautiful - weird but, beautiful.. and the way he looks at me is so warm it's like he asks for a hug every time or he just have this comfort aurora that makes me feel sane and my anxiety slips away.

"Hey, are you okay?"

I couldn't find the words to answer to that right now, but I don't know why I felt like I needed to hug him and break down right now.. but I don't even know this guy - why is he giving away a strong vibe? How do I even trust him and why is he here?

" I'm fine.. what are you doing here? Stalking me?"

He looked down at me and stared, he gave me an unusual look that gave me goosebumps.. he didn't crack a smile at all. He walked closer to me, handed me tissues and whispered:

" Wipe your tears, you're too beautiful to cry. Keep your head up no matter what challenges you face in life."

After saying that he walked away but I grabbed his arm to stop him, and out of curiosity I asked him who was he but all he did was smile and walked away. This guy is really weird, my mom is in the hospital, my sister probably losing herself, my best friend is confused in all of this trying his best, and I need a blunt or something because today.. I've had it, I'm on edge. I didn't even notice that I was crying so I used the tissue Mr. Weirdo gave me but the other tissue had something written on it.

"When the sunset there will be darkness,
But you have a light to guide you. -M"

Honestly dude, who is he? I toss the tissue out and went back inside to check up on Gloria and Junior, she was finally speaking explaining everything that happened with Mom. Mom came home drunk off her ass and started yelling out of nowhere and when Gloria came to calm her down.. mom started talking as if she was talking to dad saying she wants a divorce and out of her life. Then she started crying and tossing stuff , and she collapsed.. that's what brought us here in this hospital. I hugged Gloria and kissed her forehead saying things will get better, I don't know when but I know soon it will. When it does I hope it's permanent, everyone been through enough and I am honestly tired of reaching my breaking points.