Citrus Friends

Kirishima's P.O.V

   "Papa wake up!" the ginger haired girl whined, shaking me through the comforter. "Alright, alright I'm up Shoga." I said, looking at the clock on the bed side table. 6:15. Stretching my arms, the little ball of energy jumps up and down in front of me, her red eyes full of excitement for her first day of school. Yawning, I walk to the kitchen to start making pancake batter. Pouring the batter into the pan, I make small circles so they would be easier for her to eat. She ran into her room, I could hear the hangers clanging around in the closet as she decided on a shirt to wear.

   I plated a few pancakes on two plates for each of us, adding a small amount of syrup on top of her stack, a small slice of butter on top. They definitely didn't look great but she always told me they were the 'best ones she had had ever!' She came out of her room, a blue skirt that went down to her knees and a white shirt with the schools name printed in small letters on the right side. Her little red sneakers shuffled through the halls of the small apartment and up to the table where she started digging into her stack of fluffy pancakes, humming in satisfaction.

   I walked to my own room, pulling down a simple white button up shirt and a pair of black jeans, throwing them on quickly, I walk to the kitchen to make myself a small cup of coffee. The smell of coffee beans filled the house as Shoga finished her stack of pancakes, the silverware clanking on the glass plate as she walked over to me. Tugging on my pants, I almost spill my coffee. Setting the pot down, I squat down to her level. "What is it sweetie?" 

   "Is school scary?" she asked, clinging to me like a lost puppy. "No of course not. You will make a lot of friends there and you can be happy!" My voice full of fake joy. She suddenly smiled a little bit, pushing her arms up towards me. Picking up the little six year old, she clings to me and rests her head in my shoulder. "It will be okay! When I pick you up, you can tell me all about it." Checking the time, I see it was almost 7. "Hurry and I'll do your hair." I said, picking up my mug and taking a sip of the black coffee. Hearing her little cheers, she runs to the bathroom to pick out a bow. Finishing my coffee, I walk to the bathroom, as she brushed through her ginger curls. 

   Taking her hair, I part it in two sections, deciding on doing pigtails since it was the easiest for me. Pulling her hair into two hair ties, I grab her red bows and stick them in her hair. "All done." I said, lifting her from the small seat in the bathroom to show her in the mirror. She grabbed them in awe as she jumped in my arms. It was moments like these that were the best about being a dad. Walking through the door, I start the small trek to her school. She was skipping down the sidewalk a few paces in front of me. Before we arrived, she grabbed onto my pointer finger and hugged me close. Picking her up, I walk through the building to her teachers' room. We got in and she hugged me tighter. I walked up to teacher and sat her down on the ground as she held on for dear life. Kneeling down to her level I whisper to her. "It will be okay! Your going to have fun." She mustered a small smile and I got back up. "Hi, I'm Kirishima, Shoga's dad." I said, shaking her outstretched hand. "I'm Mrs. Adams. It's nice to meet you." 

   I looked back down at Shoga to see what she was doing but she seemed to be in a trance. She was staring at another little girl, the same curly hair as her. Bending back down, I shake her shoulder. "I have to go. But I will be back to pick you up later okay?" I reassure her. "Okay Papa! I love you." she said, turning to me to give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I hug her back. "I love you too! Have a good day." I said, watching her run over to the girl and point to her hair. 

   I walked out of the building with a smile on my face as I headed to work. I work at a regular office job, sitting in one of those cubicles and taking calls. It may not sound like fun, and it isn't, but it pays twelve dollars an hour which is more than I can say for most places. My day was spent waiting for 3:15 so I could leave, stop by Starbucks for a coffee (and a pink cake pop for Shoga) and then pick her up from school. The teacher hadn't called my phone which made me think she was having a great time at school making friends. 

   Eventually 3:15 came around and I rushed out of work to go to the Starbucks in the lobby. I picked up my usual coffee and cake pop and was headed on my way. The walk was nice as the August air blew through my spiked up red hair. I held on tighter to the little bag holding the cake pop as I came closer to the school. I was almost nervous for her. She came barreling out the doors of the school, looking around for me before running over. She hugged both of my legs close together as she giggled. Letting go, I lean down and give her the small bag as she rips it open and takes a few nibbles. 

   "How was your day?" I asked, stepping out of the way for a few other parents picking up their kids. "I had a lot of fun! There was this girl who had my same colored hair. We liked kinda like twins except she wore a purple bow and had her hair in a pony tail. There was another kid who was this boy. He had white hair and green streaks that looked really pretty. We were friends and the teacher taught us about penguins. Then she let us draw pictures of them for our parents! Looks!" She said, digging her hands into her backpack and fishing out two papers, the penguins looking like blobs of melted ice cream with little orange lines for beaks and feet.

   "It looks amazing sweetheart! But why are there two?" She pauses and looked down. "Well everyone else grabbed two papers for their parents. So I did too! Well, except for Alani! She grabbed one paper for her Daddy!" She said, finishing her pink cake pop and putting the stick and bag in the trash can outside. We started walking out of school but Shoga kept looking back. "Did you forget something?" I asked, ready to turn around and go to the school but she stood there waiting at the doors. Then I saw it. 

   There he was, talking to the little girl I had seen earlier this morning. Her hair was in a little purple bow and she was staring right back at Shoga. She was waving her hands in the air and Shoga was waving right back. Without another word both kids run to each other to engulf in a hug. I ran forward to avoid her getting hurt and I was met face to face with the little girls dad who confirmed what I had seen just a few seconds ago. 

   Since when did Bakugou have a kid?

And why did she look just like Shoga?