Birthday Girls

Kirishima's P.O.V

   I hadn't planned another play date for Shoga and Alani after what had happened the first time. I don't know why I kissed him I just did. It was so nonchalant and natural I didn't even process what had happened until I woke up the next day. After that, I couldn't bring myself to answer his texts, no matter what he said. Eventually he stopped trying to contact me after a week. It was getting later in the year and school was becoming a regular habit and we always had fun on the weekends. I almost didn't realize that it was getting close to Shoga's birthday. She was getting excited as ever and kept begging for a play date at the arcade with Alani as her birthday party. When I asked about it, she said she didn't really play with anyone else besides her and wanted to have another play date because she had fun at the first one. And so I texted Bakugou.

Kirishima: Shoga's birthday is on the 8th of November and she wants to have a play date to the arcade. Would you mind going? 

Bakugou: Really? Alani has the same birthday. Since she also keeps asking about Shoga, I'll see if that sounds good to her. 

Bakugou: she said she likes the idea! What time do you wanna meet at the arcade?

Kirishima: Friday at 6 p.m? 

Bakugou: sounds good! See you then.

   Telling Shoga the news, she cheers excited for the chance to see her friend outside of school for the first time in two months. 

————————————-November 8th————————————

   "Wake up birthday girl!" I said, turning on the light to Shoga's room, shaking her awake. Sitting up with a smile, she hops out of bed. Getting dressed, I walk to the kitchen to make waffles. Mixing the batter, I add chocolate chips and pour it into the waffle maker, closing the lid and letting it sizzle. She came out of her room, a small birthday pin on her shirt as she sat down at the table. Finishing up her waffle, I put it on a plate. This routine had become a habit for us after a while so she was used to doing this every morning. Putting the waffle in front of her, I pour myself a bowl of cereal instead. Eating quickly, we head out of the house and walk to the school. 

   The day was spent questioning how I would talk to Bakugou. We hadn't seen each other since the play date and now I was supposed to spend 2 hours with him. But this wasn't about me it was about Shoga and her birthday. And if this made her happy, then I would do it for her. Getting myself ready for what was to come later tonight, I took a shower and styled my hair hours before I would have to. The rest of the day was spent getting Shoga's gift ready, watching  TV and waiting to pick Shoga up from school. Eventually 3:15 rolled around and I rushed out of the house with a smile on my face. As relaxing as it was to have the house to myself, I missed her giggles and antics when she was at school. Making it to the school, she ran up to me as I scooped her up, placing her on my back as we headed home. 

   "Happy birthday princess! How was school?" I asked, taking a turn. "I had fun. Today the teacher let the class sing happy birthday to me and Alani and we got to have these birthday crowns and we got to play and we read stories and we drew pictures for the teacher. We had a lot of fun! I can't wait for the arcade!" Taking a final turn, we make it to the house, and I unlock the door. She immediately ran inside going to her room and pulling out her dolls and playing in her dollhouse waiting for 5:45 to come along so we could walk to the arcade nearby with Alani and Bakugou. 

   Grabbing the wrapped gift for Shoga off the table, I go to her room, showing her the box. She hadn't noticed it before but she stopped playing and ran over, sitting on her bed. Handing it to her, she tears the paper and rips open the Amazon box, pulling out a few play dresses. She had played with them with Alani and since then had always dressed up in skirts to pretend like she was a princess so I got her some of her own. Pulling the green one on, it went with her ginger hair perfectly as she spun around placing the silver tiara on her head as well. Running over, she pulls me into a hug and repeats thank you's as she continues playing with her dolls. 

   Soon enough 5:45 came around and we heard the doorbell ring. Running to it, Shoga opens the door and greets Alani with a hug, pulling her to her room and showing her the new dresses she had gotten. Bakugou was still in the doorway, holding a bag that had a few frilly ribbons on top. Ushering him inside, I decided to act natural and not bring anything up and pretend it had never happened. "Alani thought Shoga would like this." He said, lifting up the bag a little. Calling in the girls to the dining room, they both exchange gifts, the one Shoga had picked for Alani at the store already on the table. Alani has picked out a purple dragon plush that Shoga immediately fell in love with. Shoga has picked out a princess Barbie that had ginger hair like her. They both hugged and thanked each other for the gifts, smiling the widest I had ever seen them. 

   "Well, we should get going to the arcade." I said, grabbing my house keys and walking to the door, they all filed behind me like a herd of ducks and walked out the door as I locked the door behind them. As we walked, I noticed Bakugou held his hand out to Alani to grab. She did but so did Shoga. He was shocked at first because he tensed up and stopped walking. She got scared that she did something wrong and went to let go of his hand but before she could, he had squeezed her hand ever so lightly and she held on. 

                                             Then it hit me.

                          They both had the same birthday.

          They both looked similar and were the same age. 

    They weren't just classmates or friends. They were siblings. 

       Which means he had kept it a secret for as long as I had. 

                                            And I had two kids. 

A/N this chapter kinda sucked but I'm sick so! Sue me! Anyways, I hope you at least enjoyed it! I love updating this story so much! Anyways, I love you all! Voting and commenting are appreciated! Thanks for reading!

                                                     ~Author-Chan