Plays And Dates

Kirishima's P.O.V

   "Wake up sleepyhead!" I said, flipping on the light switch and shaking Shoga's sleeping figure. She sat up out of bed slowly rubbing her eyes and adjusting the lighting in the room. "Come on! Get excited! You have a play date after school today remember?" And just like that, she sprung out of bed, grabbing her school clothes. "Hey, you need a bath! It's still early and I'll put your hair in braids!" Cheering, she runs to the bathroom and turns on the bath faucet pouring in some bubble bath that smells like bubblegum. While she was in the bath, I went to the kitchen to cook some blueberry breakfast muffins.

   Mixing the simple batter, I pour in some blueberries, mixing them up and putting them in the liners placing them in the preheated oven. Checking in on Shoga, she is almost finished, playing in the bubbles all over her face and ginger hair. Going back to the kitchen, I wait for the timer to go off on the oven. Coming out of the bathroom, she hair was still a bit wet from the bath, but she was already dressed in her uniform. Still waiting for the muffins in the oven, I start to head to the bathroom. "Come on Shoga. We have to blow dry your hair." She follows right behind me with a big smile on her face. 

   Turning on the dryer, I brush out her hair, drying it quickly. Pulling the hair into sections, I put her hair into two braids and placing two green bows in her hair. The oven went off right as I finished her hair and I pulled the muffins out of the oven. "Yummy! Thanks Papa." Shoga said as I handed her one of the blueberry muffins. I was already dressed so I decided to walk to school early. "Let's go Shoga! Time to get to school!" I said, grabbing her bag by the door. Putting it on, she runs out the door and down the small steps of the apartment complex, on our walk to the school. She skips and has a big smile, excited to see her friends. 

   Shoga was a sweet girl and could make friends with anybody and anything. She loves everybody no matter what it is and isn't easily offended by any of the kids. I'm glad she had a friend that she enjoyed hanging around. She happily ate her blueberry muffin, on a non stop talk about Alani and asking if I thought she would like her favorite dragon stuffed animal. She wanted to play with it today. I told her that she could for sure. I was off work today so after I dropped her off, I would go home and clean up the house. Walking into the school building, we were one of the first ones there. Walking into the classroom, I greet the teacher, saying a quick goodbye and blowing kisses before I left. 

   Right as I left the school, I bumped into Bakugou and Alani. She was just as happy as Shoga was this morning and I could tell that they were going to have a great time at the play date later today. "Hey!" I simply said, flashing them both a quick smile. The day was going to be as awkward as ever, as I hadn't seen or talked to Bakugou in six years after the whole 'I had a child you don't know about and you moved on and had a kid yourself' thing. It made me sad to think he had moved on so quickly that his kid was around the same age as Shoga. But I couldn't be sad today. Today was all about Shoga and I want her to be happy. And her being happy makes me happy.

   Walking back to the house, I start cleaning up. Going to my own room, I just shut the door since I'll probably be in the living room most of the time. Vacuuming the carpet, I turn on some music to go faster, mouthing the words as I cleaned up the apartment. Going to Shoga's room, I clean up the dresser and make her bed, taking a few stray toys on the ground and putting them back, taking her dragon stuffed animal and placing it on her bed. I figured I would get both of the kids a cake pop from Starbucks if that was okay with Bakugou. I decided to text him.

   Kirishima: Hey! Is it okay to get Alani a cake pop from Starbucks when I pick up Shoga?

   Bakugou: Sure. Can I walk with you today?

   Kirishima: Yeah!

   Checking the time, I realize it was only noon and decided to catch up on Sailor Moon. Taking a small bag of chips from the pantry, I start eating, substituting the snack for lunch since I wasn't that hungry. After about five episodes and two blueberry muffins, I was almost caught up to season four, deciding to watch the last season with Shoga on a weekend for a Sailor Moon Marathon. It was now three and I needed to pick up Shoga. Walking out the door, I do a double check of the space, the whole apartment smelling like lemons. Closing the door, I stop by the Starbucks near the school, picking up two pink cake pops and a soy chi latte.