Orange

Bakugou's P.O.V

The walk to Kirishima's apartment wasn't far. Once we had gone home, Alani had changed out of her uniform and played in her room until we decided it was time to head out. Once we made it to Kirishima's house, we stayed there for a minute while the girls exchanged the presents they had picked out for each other. The walk to the arcade was nice and I held out my hand for Alani, but when I did Shoga also grabbed my hand. It was strange at first but it almost felt normal and I just let it happen. What kind of person would I be trying to let go?

Once we made it to the arcade, the girls ran inside. The place doubles as a pizza place kind of like a Chuck E Cheese but better. The dim lights contrasted with the sun that was outside a while ago. Kirishima paid for the wristbands, tokens, and pizza while I watched both kids and found us a booth. Sitting down, both girls start rambling to each other from across the table about winning the claw machine with assorted plushies near the entrance of the arcade side. I sat, waiting for Kirishima to come back. Sitting next to Shoga, he sits down and starts talking to the girls. "Are you both excited?" He asked both kids cheering while jumping up and down in the booth. "Well, the pizza won't be here for another thirty to forty five minutes so who wants to play?" He asked with a smile. Both girls cheered and tried scooting out of the booth but since they were on he inside they had to crawl under the table.

"You know, we were going with you so we could have let you out." I said. "But Daddy your too slow~." She said, dragging on the w and then running to the claw machine. Putting one of the golden tokens in the machine she presses the button as the timer counts down. The claw moves and hovers above the various plushies in the machine stopping right above a white cat with a small circle around one eye. Pressing the little red button on the joystick, the claw goes down and grabs the toy, carrying it to the drop box. Jumping up and down, she cheers and grabs the soft cat and hugs it.

Moving on to a few more games, the kids ran off to spend their endless cup of tokens on the claw machines and photo booth, we start playing ski ball, air hockey, and different arcade games, checking in on the kids every ten minutes. I found that while I was better at Pac Man and Space Invaders, he was better at those ones where they test you strength. "Okay Mr. Pac Man. Since you think your so good at games, let's see who wins at the 'High Striker' game" He exclaimed, running towards the game with the punching bag. It was pretty simple so I figured I couldn't lose. You put in a token, punch the bag with all your strength, and then it calculates a total number of points based on a scale from 1 to 1000.

He may walk Shoga to school every day but I work out every other day so I figured I would have him beat. Well I thought. "Losers go first." He said, clearing up the space in front of him. Walking up to the machine, I walk in front of him and smirk. "Losers always go last." I said, swinging my arm back and punching it as hard as I could. The numbers counted up quickly and I had a final score or 972. "Beat that!" I said, staring at him and walking off the mat. "Easily." He said, walking up and inserting a token into the machine. Walking back nonchalantly, he turns around, winks, and then throws a punch. It made me flinch when he did. Recovering from the shock, I look up at his score seeing a 996. Dammit.

"Beat that!" He says, mocking me as he walks to another game, inserting a token as he tries his best to beat the Pac Man high score I had set on the machine. "How do you do it?" He asked, his little yellow Pac Man eaten by the orange ghost again. "I don't know. How are you so strong?" I asked, staring at him, still in disbelief from his score on that game. "Lots of piggyback rides" He said, smiling a little at the thought of Shoga. His smile looked so much like Alani when she smiled and I wish I could just tell him. Maybe I could...I would never.

"We should go check on the girls." He said, pointing to the flash of orange hair. Walking over, they both have piles of stuffed animals and ticket in their hands, smiling and laughing before falling in the floor. "Papa we ran out of tokens!" Shoga said, her smile faltering a little. "But I had fun! Thank you Papa!" She says, cheering as she goes to sit back at the table. The pizza we ordered had arrived shortly after we sat down. Passing the slices to plates we all dig in to the pepperoni pizza. I have to admit, for an arcade, it was pretty good. Finishing the pizza quickly, Kirishima and I decided to split the tokens between the girls. "Can you help me with this one claw machine?" Alani asked. "We've been trying to get a matching cat for Shoga and we can't get one." Looking back at their hoard of stuffed animals in the booth and then back at her I muster out a small yes.

Walking to the machine, it was close to being empty from all the other toys they had already won but through the glass, I could see the other soft cat, the only difference was the small black spot on its eye, the opposite side of the other one. Putting in a token, I hover the claw over it, pressing the button. It grabs the cat lifting it up and then releases it a moment later. "Dammit." I whisper under my breath, inserting another token and failing. After a few tries, I still wasn't able to get it. Shoga and Alani and both taken turns and we were starting to run low on tokens. "Wait I have an idea." Kirishima said. "Shoga, go to the side of the machine. More angles give us a better chance." Doing what she was told, she got between the machine sides and Alani started playing. "How does it look Sho? I'm above it right here." Alani said, her focus full on the stuffed cat while we both watched. "Move it back a little. It's not right above it." Moving the claw, Shoga said stop and the timer meant off as the claw dropped, picking up the cat and carrying it to the drop box.

Cheering, Alani handed the cat to Shoga! "Now we have matching kitties! Papa is the best!" She said, running to Kirishima to put him in a tight hug. Alani did the same to me, her hold on her own cat plush tight. "Are you all ready to go?" Kirishima said, walking back to our table to grab the mound of stuffed animals. "Yeah let's go." I said, grabbing some of Alani's too. Following Kirishima out the door, we both carry the tired girls. Reaching his house they both run inside to Shoga's room playing with the new cats and toys from the arcade. Walking to the living room, we both crash on the couch and close our eyes. "Hey I, I gotta tell you something." Opening my eyes, I sit up a little bit as he does the same.

"So, I know you moved on." I said. "But I think you deserve to know and I really just want to get this off my chest. I don't know how I was able to do this for so long becasue I felt like you would hate me and I know you probably want nothing to do with me after this and-" "Hey, slow the rambling." He said. "Breathe." Taking a breath, I start again. "Okay, um. I'm not sure how to say this but do you remember the night we broke up?" "How could I forget?" He said, ushering me to continue. "Well um." Just say it.

"Alani is your kid." I said, closing my eyes and looking down ready for some kind of outburst. But I didn't hear anything. Opening my eyes, his face was shocked and happy. Why was he happy? "Wait, your lying right?" He said, his smile fading for a second. "No why?" "Because Shoga is your kid too." He said, looking back at me. We both had to process this for a second. In no way would we know this if the kids didn't become friends. We would never know if the kids didn't come around. We wouldn't know if we never met after all these years. We would never realize how much we missed each there if it wasn't for the kids.

We would never know we were in love until we made

orange.

The End

A/N: and that is 'Color Wheel'. I'm so going to miss updating this story and I really am in love with it. I love all the characters and creating new OC's was a new experience that I really enjoyed. It was different and I'm glad I came up with the idea! I hope you enjoyed! I love you all! Votes and comments and appreciated! Thank you so much for reading!

~Author-Chan