xx. CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

~*~
The End

     Billy watched the door to the apartment close, his heart beating rapidly as he could barely think. The door to Jackson's room opened, and he stepped out while counting his money. 

     "I'm going to give it to her, it was a very compelling speech," Jackson said, laughing slightly. Billy turned to look at him, then looked to his bedroom door in fear that Mary was listening, too. He walked that way quickly, swinging it open right as Mary's hand seemed to be reaching for the handle. They stared at each other for a few seconds, Billy seeing the tears beginning to swell in Mary's eyes. 

     "I am so sorry," Billy told her, Mary just nodding at him once. 

     "No, no, I knew she was in love with you," Mary said, crossing her arms. "But I didn't take into consideration that there might be a part of you that wants her back." She looked up at him again, Billy shaking his head quickly. 

     "Mary, I've told you this, I only want you. Please, doll, you have to believe me," he pleaded, taking her hands quickly. 

     "Then why is her red lipstick stained on your lips?" Mary asked, eyes softening as her voice broke. Billy frowned at her words, world crumbling as he could feel what was coming next. 

     "Mary, please," Billy told her. "I love you, Mary, please. I-I can't lose you again. I didn't mean for this to happen, I'd never hurt you." 

     "Yeah, well, it's too late for that," Mary responded. Billy's heart shattered then, and he knew that he'd lost her. Again. It was that girls fault. She did this to them, she knew this would happen. And now, it caused him to lose Mary. "You have until midnight to make your decision. Her or me. I'll be... Out. Probably the beach or someplace like that." She grabbed the keys from the kitchen counter, rushing out of the apartment quickly. When she reached the Impala, Olivia was leaning against it with her arms crossed. 

     "I was expecting Billy to come running after me," she said, a sigh escaping her lips. "Guess I was wrong." 

     "Look, Holt, you haven't been through what Billy and I have been through. And trust me, it's sucked. All of it. But in the end, it will always be me. He may choose you now, and if he does I'm fine with that. But it will always come back to me," Mary said, walking to Olivia slowly. "So enjoy the little time you may spend with him, it won't last long." Mary walked to her drivers side door, Olivia pushing herself off the hood of the car. She turned and watched Mary drive away, a smirk on her face the whole time. She had a plan, and she knew it would work. 

~*~

     Billy paced in front of Jackson who was sat on the couch. He ran his fingers through his hair for the millionth time, Jackson still bouncing his leg up and down from his own nerves. He was scared to see how this would all turn out, and he knew he would have to deal with someone's anger after this. 

     "I-I don't know what to do, Jack," Billy complained, stopping and looking at him. "It's like... Mary's the love of my life. First girl I've ever loved and been this close to. B-But Olivia, she just... She came out of no where and I'm getting these feelings that I only got the first time I fell in love." 

     "Okay, you just said one of them is the love of your life and the other one is this new bitch that you're not totally okay with yet," Jackson said, Billy nodding slightly at his words. "Okay, I'm going to say that again. Mary is the love of your life. Your words." 

     "Okay," Billy nodded again. 

     "And Olivia is... what is Olivia to you, Hargrove?" Jackson asked, furrowing his eyebrows slightly.