xxxvi. CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

~*~
warnings: mature language, blood

     Mary and Billy barely talked after talking about her being pregnant. Steve had come over to talk about how and why Billy could have said he loves her, then immediately gone back to the hate and anger. Then, Steve left and Mary locked Billy in his room. She went to her own room, sitting on the edge of the bed as she was thinking. There was a knock, Mary looking up quickly. She thought it was Billy, but then the knock came again from the front door. She grabbed the knife by her bed, walking to the door. She slowly opened it, sighing when she saw Mandy. 

     "Jesus, what are you doing here? It's late," Mary said, setting the knife on the kitchen table. 

     "I came to tell you that Jackson found me," Mandy admitted. Mary stared at her for a moment, then pulled the girl into the cabin. She shut and locked the door, motioning for Mandy to follow her to her room. She shut and locked that door, too, letting Mandy sit on the bed. 

     "What do you mean he found you?" Mary asked, crossing her arms as she walked to Mandy and sat next to her. 

     "I mean, I was out getting dinner at the store and he was there. We made eye contact before I ran out," Mandy explained to her. "I don't know if he followed me, I thought this would be the safest place to be. I didn't want to blow Marley and Oliver's covers." 

     "You were right to come here," Mary said. She heard a car door shut, her head turning to face that way. Mandy froze at the sound, the two staring at each other for a moment. Billy woke up in his room, looking in the direction of the noise. He thought it was Mary just leaving to go get more food from the store, but then he heard footsteps coming up to the front door. He sat up slowly, walking to his door. 

     The front door was kicked in, Billy jumping back slightly. He backed up, the chains clanging together. He shut his eyes, standing completely still to not make any noise. The door knob to his room turned and rattled, Billy staying completely still. It then swung open after a moment to reveal Jackson was standing there. 

     "Good, I guessed the right room," Jackson said, tilting his head at Billy. "Ready to go?" 

     "How did you find me?" Billy asked, feeling a bit uneasy. 

     "Easy, I followed the idiot that lead me to you," Jackson said, walking to Billy. "Found two keys in the kitchen drawers, one has to work." He tried the first key, then the second one and got Billy out of the chains. They dropped to the ground, Billy rubbing his wrists once they were gone. 

     "Why are you taking me back if you want me to hate Mary?" Billy asked, looking at Jackson. 

     "Because the medicine's wearing off. Come on, you think it's reversible?" Jackson asked, raising an eyebrow. "No, it just wears off after a few months. Clearly she's already done something to you. Gotta get you back to the lab to make it a bit more permanent. Give you what they gave me." 

     "It's reversible?" Billy asked. Jackson nodded once, then turned and started walking to the other shut door. He brought his leg up and kicked it in, seeing that the room was empty. 

      "Smart, she left you," Jackson announced, beginning to walk through the room. Billy walked out of his room, looking to see the knife sitting on the kitchen table. Jackson walked further into Mary's room, looking around and under furniture. "Mary, Mandy. I know you two are here." Mary kept her hand over Mandy's mouth as the two were hiding in the closet. "I've already got your precious lover, Mary. I'll get you, too." Jackson turned and began walking to the closet, Mary shutting her eyes as his footsteps were getting closer. Billy heard the closet door creak open, and he grabbed the knife on impulse. Jackson smiled, staring at Mary and Mandy. "Found you."