•WELCOME BACK! + NOTICE•

ATTENTION: 

Dear Readers, 

For those of you who read A BRAZEN MAIDEN and have flocked over here to continue the story, I thank you! Many events in this novel are quite life-altering and painful to Harriet, and I hope you choose to unlock it (chapter by chapter) and read the adventures within. This tale is crucial to the rest of the Brazen series, and also essential to the Golden series as a whole! I hope you enjoy her discoveries as much as I enjoyed writing them. Thank you!

•••

OH HEY, you came back?! Harriet's story caught your attention, huh? I have to say I'm happily stunned by the votes & views on A BRAZEN MAIDEN, and I'm super excited to bring you the second installment in her story!

IF you haven't read the main GOLDEN series, here's a brief recap of THE GOLDEN GIRL (this novel picks up at its end):

- Harriet went to court, was bullied by her father, didn't make any friends (though she still had Esther), didn't have any prospects, had the smallest room and was humiliated often;

- Harriet helped Marguerite & Céleste discover that her father, Sir Eugene Thatcher, was up to no good (duhh) and had accords with Dowager Clémentine, to aid her in her plans to de-throne Antoine and put Prince Jules in his place. She also has suspicions about bigger plots potentially involving Giroma, and is certain there are others in King Antoine's council that are treacherous, but she doesn't have proof;

- Sir Thatcher was arrested for treason, and awaits punishment (more of this will be seen in this novel);

- Harriet is given her father's lands & title until she marries—she is technically the Vidame of Limesdale (but as we'll see in this book she prefers Lady of Limesdale).

SO, A BRAZEN DUTY picks up RIGHT after these events. It follows the timeline of The Golden Duchess, The Golden Princess, and The Golden Queen—but in Harriet's POV and not in Torrinni.

Join us on this adventure where Harriet inherits a beautiful manor, oversees several small towns in the northern portion of the County of Rosford (Esther's dad's territory, by the way), and understands she has quite a list of things to do; things that women usually don't do.  She's going to uncover truths about Eugene and his business, and truths about herself & her family that she never expected to discover.

Hope you're ready—this one's a bit wilder than book one!

SO, without further ado... welcome to another episode of Harriet's life!