10

Seulgi didn't know what was going on, she was confused as to why Irene was acting like that.

"Hey, you're scaring me, is something the matter?" She got her hand closer to her face to comfort her but all she received was a slap on her cheek that left her in shock.

Irene started crying uncontrollably and didn't let a single sound out, she just started to break into pieces the letter. Seulgi finally came back to her senses when the older had already left her house.

She looked around and found pieces of paper where Irene was a few minutes ago, she got surprised and checked under her bed realizing the letter wasn't there anymore. She had put it in that place because she was going to read it anytime that week, but it seemed like Irene got mad and broke it. But why? What was so important about a birthday letter?.

She decided to collect the pieces so she could read what the letter was about. A few minutes later after putting it together with tape, it could be readable enough, she sat in her desk sighing deeply.

Friday, February 10, 20xx
11:23pm
Hi Seulgi, first of all happy birthday, we've only known each other for months but I feel like you're such an important person to me already. I'm sorry if this comes out as creepy but I started to develop feelings for you, you are the kindest person I know, from the first time you met me you've been willing to be my friend despite the fact that I literally don't talk and I could be boring to be around. It really surprised me the way you kept coming back when you knew I was pushing you away. I don't have friends because they always ignore me, they don't care about me, and they hurt me many times, but you are different, I feel like with you I can be safe and I can express myself the way I want to, I love that about you.
So I don't wanna make this long.
I like you.. no
I love you Kang Seulgi.
I hope you can answer to this later on, I don't expect you to do it immediately.
I just wanted to let you know.
I love you.

Seulgi was left specheless this time she fucked up really bad. She had hurt Irene's feelings by sleeping with her. "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" She cursed at herself. How could she use her like that? She is so innocent that she thought Seulgi felt the same. The brunette punched her desk and threw the letter away and started crying out of anger, she dropped to her knees and screamed. She had really messed her friendship up just for a one night stand.

She felt so bad, she couldn't leave her house that day, countless of calls from her friends weren't answered, she just wanted to talk to Irene and say sorry and if possible... disappear from her life.

The next week Irene had been absent from classes, Seulgi had felt even more guilty for ruining her mental state at this point, she just wanted Irene to be okay it didn't matter if she was hurting she just wanted the older to smile again. The pain she felt everytime she looked at the empty desk behind her was unexplainable, even her friends started to worry.

One cloudy Friday Seulgi decided that it was enough grief she would do what she can to safe Irene. She went to the principal's office and asked for her house address. Of course the principal didn't trust her at first but since Seulgi told him she was a good friend of her and she's going to give her all the assignments and homework they did while she was absent he accepted.

She walked to her house, it wasn't big as she expected it to be, but as soon as Irene's mom opened the door she realized why. "Hi, I'm Seulgi, Irene's classmate and I brought the homework" Irene's mom smiled and let her in, she told her that her room was at the end of the hallway the last door on the right. Seulgi bowed and went where she told her, it was so strange, Irene's mom is like not worried at all. The principal told her that no one of Irene's relatives were answering the phone or have gone to the school to inform them about the situation, it seems like Irene only has her mom but she's strangely unbothered by her daughter's behavior.

Seulgi didn't knock because she'll get locked out if Irene knows it's her. She just went inside her bedroom, everything was pink; her sheets, nightstand, walls, curtains. It was kinda cute, she guessed it was her favorite color, Irene was wrapped in her sheets facing the wall. Seulgi placed her books on her desk and got closer to her reminding herself of that day Irene left crying.

"Irene, it's me, sorry I had to come uninvited but I brought my notes and I hope you can copy them for next week so you don't get left behind in classes. I came here also because I wanted to apologize for what I did last Saturday, I was so stupid and all the sorrys won't be enough to cover up the pain I let you go through. I'm devastated, I'm sorry I didn't read the letter on time, I'm sorry I'm such a bad person for playing with your feelings, I'm sorry... for everything. Please go back to school I promise I won't even look at you, I won't talk to you I'll disappear." Seulgi kneeled beside her bed waiting for an answer. She felt like the covers were lifted as she looked up Irene was red and swollen for all the crying. Seulgi didn't say anything but instead Irene whispered to her

"I hate you"