Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Muffled snores greeted Preston when he woke the next morning. He was being held tight to Xavier's broad chest with those strong arms wrapped around him and Xavier's face buried in his blond hair.

Preston felt their bare skin pressed together and smiled. Last night had been a good night. His backside was sore and his hips tender from Xavier's tight grip, but both were sensations that Preston was more than happy to grow accustomed to.

He'd been terrified at first. Eager but terrified. And then Xavier had showed him exactly what kind of pleasure could exist between two men and Preston had become lost in it....

And now he was Xavier's man. His smile grew as he raised his hand and laid his palm flat on Xavier's chest, just above his heart. Did that mean Xavier loved him? Preston didn't know. He bit his lip. Did he love Xavier? He didn't know that for sure either. What he did know was that he wanted to stay with Xavier. He wanted to hear the bossy man's gruff voice giving him hell. He wanted to feel those strong arms around him as they watched sunrises and sunsets. He wanted to fall asleep naked in Xavier's arms every night after loving each other's' bodies...

Preston chewed a little harder on his lip. He needed to tell Xavier about his sickness. He needed to be honest about what caused him the sadness that Xavier had noticed. But Preston didn't want to be honest. His whole life he'd been treated differently because of his sickness. He didn't want Xavier to treat him differently. He knew that eventually he would have to be honest but not now... not yet.

His rumbling stomach caused him to wince. Apparently, a night of loving caused a man to work up an appetite. Preston was about to slide from Xavier's arms to see about breakfast when Xavier's arms tightened around him. "You ain't going anywhere."

Preston felt suddenly shy. He raised his head and was surprised when Xavier rose up and captured his lips with his own. The kiss was long, slow, and lazy. Slowly, Xavier pulled away. "Good morning."

Preston smiled and buried his face against Xavier's bare chest. "Good morning."

Xavier's fingertips danced across Preston's skin as the man slid along his back. "Are you in pain this morning?"

Preston trembled beneath Xavier's touch. "A little."

Xavier sighed and kissed his hair. "I went as easy as I could."

Preston felt heat flame in his face. He couldn't believe they were having this conversation. "I'm not complaining," he assured the other man.

"Nice to know," Xavier replied, sounding amused.

Preston could lay like this all day. Safe and warm all wrapped up against Xavier with Xavier's calloused fingers drawing little designs as they danced across the skin of his back. He put his hand on the dusting of dark hair on Xavier's chest and tilted his head to kiss the man's jaw.

Xavier's hand stilled a moment before continuing those strokes. "Did I get one of those real affectionate men?"

Preston simply relaxed against him again. "You're the one that seems to like to cuddle."

A chuckle rumbled from Xavier's chest. "Only since I met you."

Preston's heart swelled. Maybe he was sure about how he felt about Xavier. Maybe he did love him. Preston's stomach chose that moment to let out a rather loud growl.

"Reckon that means I need to get up and tend to your stomach."

Preston shook his head. "You don't have to... I can do it."