Chapter 1: Reaped? Wow. Amazing.

“Hey Raven, can we talk?” I turn around to see ‘Playboy’ Asher Apocalypse running up to me. Hello. I’m Raven. Just Raven. 15 this year, and I’m going to tell you a story. My story.
    “Hi, Asher.” I deadpan, walking towards the gate at a faster speed. Don’t get the wrong idea, I wasn’t fond of him. On the contrary, he had a crush on me since Grade 01. He had told me before we went our separate ways. Struggling to keep my demon infused, I did not wait for his reaction and stormed off. I looked up at the clock. 1: 30 pm. Half an hour to the damned Reaping. Yee.
    On the dot at 2, the Reaping began. On the huge stage was the single Victor, our Mayor and the escort, Jewel Johansson. I checked my tattooed hand and that my demon was fully rested and full of mana while the Mayor drones on about the history of the Rebellion and why we have the Hunger Games. Our ancestors rebelled against our ‘Saviours’, the Capitol, and the Games were our punishment. There was no sense in it at all. 
    Then Jewel stands up. “Happy Hunger Games and the odds ever be in your favour! Ladies first!” Her voice, like all the others in the Capitol, was high pitched and unnatural. Again, nothing was natural about the Capitol. She digs her hand inside the ball, before pulling out the slip of paper that brought me to the damned Games.
    “Raven!”