Chapter 6: Training is boring...

Waking up in an unfamiliar room, I rub my eyes blearily. I lift the covers of the sheets and look around. Arius was on the chair, fast asleep. Looking at the clock. It flashes 7: 30 am. Breakfast was at 8: 30 am, then Training at 10:00 am.

Capitol people put emphasis on food.

Should I wake Arius up? He looks so peaceful when he's asleep. Taking the notes, I read through them on the bed and notice that there were new demons added. All of a sudden, Arius sits up, sweat forming on his forehead. "Where's Raven?"His eyes dart around the room frantically. "Arius?" Concerned, I look up from the notes at him. He hugs me tightly. "You're safe... The Peacekeepers didn't take you away... " I thought he had added "From me," at the end, but whatever. He heaves a sigh of relief.

"Go prepare for breakfast. Remember your attire," Arius's face goes back to his usual cold expression. I sigh softly. "Yes, sir." I get up from the bed and head towards the door. Papers are thrown at me. "Your notes," I pick them up. "Thanks, Arius."

I go back to my room and take a quick shower, then put on my Training uniform. Skintight black suit, with odd mechanical gear. I walk into the dining room at exactly 8: 30 am. Jewel frowns. "Asher's late." "I'll get him." I fill up a bucket of cold water and go into Asher's room. He was on his bed, hugging his pillow, fast asleep. Does he know nothing about punctuality? This asshole. I throw the bucket of water onto his body, waking him up. "You're late," I snarl, throwing the bucket aside for a servant to clean it up. He stares at me. "Stop staring, and get ready." I snap, folding my arms and glaring at Asher. He suddenly lunges towards me, pushing me to the ground. I slap him. "Get the fuck off me or I'll kill you," I state calmly, as I wriggle out of his grip. Arius sips his tea as I sit down. Asher enters the room, his hair wet and messy. We all glared at him. "What?"

We begin to eat. Asher stuffs himself while Arius only eats 3 pieces of bacon and 1 egg. He appears to be grumbling about his tea. At 9 am, I finish my breakfast and head to my room to practice my spells. Firing bolts of lightning, I think about Asher. Why did he do that? Did he really like me that much? I shake my head. No time. Focus Raven.

You need to win this.

---

The Gym is full of equipment. A rock wall, wooden figures with rubbernecks, to name a few.

Our instructor comes out to greet us. "There is a Mandatory exercise you must go through. See the mechanical gear?" She then tells us about the Omni-Directional Mechanical gear or ODM gear for short. Then we have to balance while using the gear. Most of us are able to balance, but Ethan keeps falling and hitting his head. To my delight, Asher also lands upside down for the 100th time. I snicker at his performance. The instructor tells us there are stations that we can practice our ODM gear at.

After Mandatory exercise, I head over to the other stations. Since Arius told us not to show off our skills, I steer clear of Spellcasting and Demons. I also avoid the knife-throwing station. But I go over to the station called Titan killing. There I'm taught that inside the Arena, there are man-eating creatures named Titans (巨人). They are indestructible except for an area on the nape of their neck. Then I practised on the wooden figures, slicing their necks with deadly accuracy. I see Asher showing off, fighting in the ring and flexing his muscles to a gaggle of girls. How disgusting. He wasn't following Arius's instructions at all. All the girls except Akiko and the girl from District 01 are present at the ring. There is a pile of groaning boys. Deciding to put Asher in his place, I head over.

"Ah, Raven. Come to try me? Don't worry, I'll go easy on you because you're a girl." Asher winks, causing the girls to swoon. The girl from District 01 comes over to watch. Something about her triggers a memory.

Annie Leonhart.

---

Kicking a punching bag with all my might, I yell as I'm sent tumbling backwards. A man comes over and hauls me up, telling me to try again. Annie watches me nearby.

A few months later, I am able to send a grown man flying. The man is talking with a woman as they watch me and Annie train. She pulls me up and smiles reassuringly at me. Later, I exchange the favour and pull her up. Then I overhear the man saying something.

"She's ready."

---

I step inside, raising my arms into a ready position.

Then Asher rushes towards me. The familiar movement makes me comfortable. He's predictable, gonna try and punch me in the stomach. I dodge, kicking his shin and tripping him. "Oww... " he groans. Annie's eyes widen in recognition.

I stand there, waiting for him to get up. "You kicked my leg? That's mean..." he whines. My training kicks in. I grab his face, pushing it away from me and kick his leg in a sensitive spot. Flipping 180 degrees, Asher thumps onto the ground. I stand above him, looking coldly down at him. "Stop showing off," I tell him, before stalking away to the free climbing station.

I hate myself rn for adding Annie :/