My Medallion

Oh another night, another show , another tour. Sigh why can't he just find the one. The one that could have his heart. He thought the last one was the one, but quickly found out that all she was about was prince the star and not the man. What was worst was that he had a song stuck in his head that he just couldn't seem to get right. Something about it being early in the morning and he just couldn't sleep and something about raining outside. He didn't even have a title yet. Sigh, he looked out his hotel room. He was in Japan , Tokyo to be exact .The view was beautiful, 

he sighed again, what he wouldn't give to show some woman the world

he sighed again, what he wouldn't give to show some woman the world.To give her the finest things and spoil her. Yes, he done it many times before, to mostly ungrateful women, but now the only one he wanted to do that for was his soulmate, his other half, but oh where could she be?. Another far away state he was sure. That was another problem, even if he found her, would she be willing to step into his world and move to Minneapolis?. He moved to his hotel bed, grabbing  his guitar ,still thinking about that untitled song " ... in its best disguise, a pretty house don't make a home ".

He just couldn't get the cords right. deciding to rest Prince put the guitar down and soon he was asleep. Then... he dreamed, he dreamed he smelled... pancakes? " Honey breakfast is almost ready" a lovely voice said. He got up and made his way downstairs, but before he got to the kitchen to see who she was... he woke up in his hotel room. It was early in the morning. He let out a flustered moan. Trying to forget the dream, he called room service and ordered breakfast, pancakes, since the dream made him want them. He then got in the shower to get ready, he would be headed back to Minnesota soon.

Elsewhere...

You had a blast at your family's reunion in Mississippi. You saw so many family members, many you met for the first time. It was four days of fun ,food, and laugher. So many people you hadn't seen in a long time. It was a good time , but you was ready to head back home to Houston. " Oh no, Linda, I couldn't " You said when she gave you food to take back. " No I insist"  Linda said. This was the trip you needed.  After a nasty breakup with your boyfriend, Preston . You put a lot into the relationship , only to find out he was having a relationship with his secretary. You foolishly believe that he was just working  all those late hours to make more money.

Until you decided to lovely bring him a meal to work and found him in full pretzel mode with his secretary. Your cuzin Linda put a hand on your shoulder. " He's not worth you thinking about" she said. You hugged her. " Thank you "  you said. She was your favorite cousin for a reason. You got ready for bed. Tomorrow you had to get up early to head to the airport  . That night you had a wired dream. You was in a unfamiliar kitchen and it seems that you was making pancakes, "Honey, breakfast is almost ready" you said. Then all of a sudden you heard footsteps coming

down the stairs, but before they could come in the kitchen, you woke up.  That was interesting. You showered and went down for breakfast. Linda was cooking. Bacon, eggs, grits, and toast. "Did you sleep good?" she asked putting a plate in front of you. " Yeah, just a weird dream that's  all" you said. " Really?, do tell" she said sitting down with her plate across from you. Normally you wouldn't say anything, but she was your favorite cousin and you two was close. " I was in a kitchen that I've never been in before, and I was telling someone I call honey that breakfast was ready" you said. Linda smiled. " You might be getting a man soon" she said. " Yeah right " you say taking a drink of your orange juice. " Fine, just finish your food, we got to get moving to the airport " she says.

To be continued...