Chapter 3

"...he's here..."

BWONK

What the heck was that?!
Jeff shrieked and jumped back into the bushes out of fear. He peeked out of the bushes one more time.

"Go hide!"

He disappeared back into the bushes after.

Mabel leaned down, listening to Jeff.

"...who???"

She leaned back up upon hearing a... bwonk, with Jeff running off, telling her to hide.

"...who's there?" She called out, swiftly and quickly walking off, venturing deeper into the forest.

The whole forest was now trembling. Leaves rustling, animals and anomalies running left and right. But definitely away from where the noise originated from.

There it was. He, rather.

Sitting on the ground, leaning on a tree stump. He was holding his head, looked like he was in pain. A lot.

He looked at his bloody hand. He figured his head must be bleeding. In an attempt to get rid of it, he shook his hand around, but to no avail.

"...what." Mabel stepped back a little, before shaking her head, pushing forwards.

Whatever that was, she wanted to know.

He groaned and then let out a long sigh. He tried focusing and standing up, only to lose balance and fall face-first again.

THUD

At this point, he'd given up. He sat back up and tried snapping his fingers over and over again. Yet still not getting any profitable results out of it.

"W-what the? Why doesn't it do anything!?"

Fear rose up in him. Why couldn't he? What did he do to deserve this? Was this a punishment?

Fear then turned into anger. Anger over his own incompetence. He let out a muffled scream and threw a rock against a tree. Poor tree.

She could hear someone's voice. Someone was speaking.

...a male. He sounded oddly... familiar.

As Mabel got nearer, she hid herself behind a tree, in order for the other to not be able to see her.

..is this the 'he' that Jeff was talking about? She wasn't sure.

..ACK.

Something was thrown at a tree nearby hers, and she panicked a little. Good god, man.

The blonde sitting by the tree stump buried his face in his arms. Not expecting anyone to be around, he began talking to himself.

"Why won't it work? Why am I a meatsack? Why the hell can I even feel pain? Yeah, probably because of the meatsack thing..."

He paused. He heard leaf rustling not far away from where he threw that rock. He looked over suspiciously.

"...heeey. What do you think you're doing here?"

A silent voice came from behind Mabel, wanting her attention.

It was Jeff. Great.

...meatsack..? Oh my god. It's him.

And that was the moment Jeff popped out of absolutely nowhere. What did that result to?

"Eep!" Mabel squeaked, falling back and crunching down on a bunch of leaves from hearing Jeff.