Chapter 5

And he definitely didn't expect his incarnation of stress to walk out of the forest with his niece hand in hand.

"Okay. I see the shack nearby. So we're going to just enter and quickly go up to the room so that I can bandage you up," Mabel told Bill quietly, pausing in her steps, glancing up slightly at the other to see if he got what she said.

Bill looked up from their hands, finally noticing that they were close to the shack.

"Mhm. Sure."

He nodded and hoped he didn't just agree to something he doesn't want, because be didn't listen.

"Okay then! Stay quiet," Mabel instructed, slowly entering the shack then tugging Bill along up the stairs, telling him to hurry.

Oh woah he can enter the shack????? :000 GASP

Stairs.

Oh no.

Bill's greatest enemy.

He stumbled his way up the stairs, cursing silently everytime Mabel caused him to hit his foot on the stairs. Not to mention his face.

"Sorry!" Mabel whispered, slowing down to help Bill up carefully. Because it's worse to fall and make a noise than speak. Ish? Eh, whatever.

As they both made their way upstairs, after Bill hitting head what seemed to be a million times and only worsened his dizziness, they finally arrived at Mabel's room.

This... was definitely not what I expected to do today.

"Alright... where's the bandages.." Mabel mumbled to herself, bringing Bill over to the bed first and instructing him to sit down before wandering around the room.

"Don't tell me Dipper hid it-"

"Do you mean bandages? Why would he hide bandages?"

Bill flopped down onto Mabel's bed, seeming really happy to finally see that the walls aren't spinning around him anymore.

"The first aid kit." Mabel sighed a little, searching through their luggage. "He has a habit of keeping things in random hidden spots.

Oh there it is."

"Huh... good to know, I suppose."

Bill sat up on the bed, holding his head. Wounds on the side of your head, apparently aren't that good. "Ow- Headache."

"Okay. I'm gonna just." Mabel turned around to face Bill, walking back to the bed and taking out a roll of bandages, then placing down the kit.

"Hold still."

She wrapped the bandages around, pulling his hand away so that she wouldn't wrap that.

"There."

The blonde averted his eyes and looked outside the window.

"Thank you... Shootingstar," he said, yet still a bit more silent than his usual voice.

He hid a small blush that spread across his face. Although he said it rather silent, he meant it. Dearly.

"You're welcome!" Mabel never really heard Bill say 'thank you' before, a bright smile on her face, though it wasn't toothy.

"I didn't expect to get help. And not from you of all people."

He looked over to Mabel again with a slight look of guilt on his face. He was probably sorry for telling her that he would throw rocks at her.

"Hush, I'm a forgiving person. And honestly, to see anyone hurt—? Yeah. My weakness." Mabel sighed, heading off to get some tissue to clean off any excess blood.

Mabel's room was still quite barren, only Dipper had unpacked already, the empty luggage lying open on his bed.

Bill sat on the edge of Mabel's bed and looked around the room.

They only just arrived... And the first thing she does is go into the forest?

"..okay, here we go.." Mabel pulled out a box of tissue paper they packed in (because Dipper was reaaaally insistent on it...) before heading back to Bill and gently cleaning off the blood.

Bill still seemed distracted by his surroundings. Mabel's posters weren't hung up on then wall over her bed. It all seemed less colorful.
And he doesn't remember watching her take them off the wall. Or anyone, as a matter of fact.
Did something happen to him?

"Done!" Mabel pulled away, heading off to throw the tissues away before glancing at Bill, noticing how... distracted he looked.

"Heyy~? You there?"

"Huh?" He looked over to Mabel and quickly nodded. "I was just in thoughts... nothing special..."

It bothered him. A lot. Why didn't he remember? Something must have happened. Dying would be new to him, though. And it was also highly unlikely for a demon to die.

"Ah." Mabel nodded, though a little suspicious, but didn't really bother to ask before going on head to unpack her own things, because her side of the room was pretty empty, after all.