Chapter 4

"Hush now, demon! I will assist with that!" Mabel laughed, gently taking Bill's hand and helping up and stabilise as well, since she heard him fall over earlier, she assumed he couldn't really, ah, walk at the moment.

Her hand is warm...

Grabbing ahold of her hand, Bill kept looking down at them. He couldn't tell whether this was good or bad. But it was nice of her to give him some support.

His cheeks lit up in a slight red which then spread further over his face.

Mabel raised an eyebrow, though she didn't look at Bill. Huh. So he wanted to hold her hand. Okay, that's fine. She didn't mind, either way.

...felt nice.

"Okay. I... think I know the way back." She took a look around her surroundings, then gently tugging Bill to the route that she had taken to reach his (previous) location.

Bill kept quiet. Aside from the regular oop that escaped him whenever he stumbled over something. He still had to get used to the current situation, but this was definitely not the weirdest thing he went through.

"Hey!" It came from the bushes again. Jeff. Again. Yay. "What do you think you're doing?"

Jeff jumped out of the bushes and stopped the two of them. "He's gonna hurt you! Like he did back in weirdmageddon! But this time physically!"

Bill gave Jeff an offended look.

Wait. Weirdmageddon? That happened already?

Mabel stared blankly at Jeff.

"I'm helping him." She stared blandly. "Shoo now before I kick you away..."

She didn't mention anything about Weirdmageddon, since the town wanted to forget it ever happened.

Bill decided it'd be the best to act like he didn't know anything at all about what Weirdmageddon was. But pretending to know nothing doesn't ease punishment in the slightest.

"If you say so, Mabel..." Jeff disappeared back into the bushes.

Mabel sighed, continuing to lead the way.

"Hm. We should be there soon. I'll be mad if we got lost." She chuckled jokingly.

Bill still seemed completely focused on hand holding since he still didn't look away from their hands.

He seemed absolutely flustered. Only a 'mmhm' came from him.

This is weird... and unusual. Why the hell am I acting like this-

"Oh! Found it!" Mabel exclaimed, seemingly speeding up on walking. Leaving a wound out like that would cause it to dry and that's uh not really good and it hurts Ass.

Bill finally was able to release his gaze from their hands. Unfortunately, Bill still wasn't able to walk that good. And dont even get me started on walking fast.

Needless to say, it was an absolute fuck up.

Almost stumbling every other step, Bill followed Mabel non the less.

"Shootingstar, slow down-"

"Ah- Sorry." Mabel chuckled awkwardly, slowing down her pace, going back to their walking pace from earlier.

"Thank you..." he mumbled under his breath.

The blonde was now slowly catching up to Mabel, now even walking directly next to her and not being pulled along like a children's toy across the playground.

He was back to looking at their hands.

"Mm!" Mabel nodded, feeling Bill managing to catch up with her speed, so she went a little quicker, since they needed to get to the shack faster, if not Bill would just bleed out and die.

Back at the shack, Stan was sitting on his veranda. With a soda in his hand and his legs crossed on a nearby table. He didn't want to stress himself with worrying about the weirdness going down. Stress isn't good for the skin.

And he definitely didn't expect his incarnation of stress to walk out of the forest with his niece hand in hand.