XXVii. The Way Back Home

Enchanted Forest. Present-day.

THE STARRY NIGHT was a witness to the conversation that took place between two pirates and a sorceress all of which have one goal and that goal was to return back to Storybrooke where they could go their separate ways and complete their own missions. 

As Jaclyn Sparrow and Killian Jones jumped down from the rest of the beanstalk where they had been held captive for ten hours while the tricky little Emma Swan ran off with the one thing that could help them get back to Storybrooke to enact revenge on the person that took Killian's hand and his true love, not to mention when Cora found out there wasn't a doubt in Jaclyn's mind that she wouldn't bee pissed that they managed to lose the compass -- the one thing that could reunite her with her daughter -- but Jaclyn knew that they would have to face Cora sooner rather than later 

"It seems you two have been on quite the adventure Captains" Jaclyn heard the voice of Cora say making her take a deep breath to mentally prepare herself for the wrath of Cora and when she looked she could see Killian doing the same "The compass, please"

"Yes well that ... Matters grew complicated and it's alluded us for a moment" Killian admitted seemingly confident but Jaclyn knew him better than that, she had known him since Killian had just started to taste how bitter the world could really be when she met him in a tavern trying to drink away his sorrows so she knew although he put on a brave face he was terrified of Cora "The details are quite a bore really"

"Really?" Cora asks raising an eyebrow "Stealing my protection spell and climbing the beanstalk without me might seem like a bore to you but to me, it's a betrayal -- one that you were both a part of"

"We were going to bring it to you" Jaclyn stated trying to keep on Cora's bad side and not trying to anger her any further than she already was, she knew that was a bad thing to do from previous encounters with witches much scarier than Cora but still she wasn't foolish enough to anger the witch because a pissed-off witch was the last thing she needed  "Our agreement remains. We will get it back for you"

Cora shook her head "I don't have time for your games. I've crossed too many realms to be stopped short at the brink of success. Who was it that bested you?" 

"The Swan girl. Emma" Killian admits

"The other one seems lovely though" Jaclyn comments, she didn't know what it was about the blonde that attracted Jaclyn to her but she knew she just had to get to know her and if they did meet again, she was going to make that her new mission 

"It doesn't matter which one is the nicest one what does matter because you chose them and the consequences of that decision"

"You going to kill us now. Go ahead try"

I've already died twice and I'm still here Jaclyn wanted to laugh but then remembered that she couldn't say that because one) they would think her crazier than she already was and two) she had reinvented herself, she wasn't the same Jaclyn Sparrow that she was before she came to the Enchanted Forest and she intended to keep it that way for as long as possible

"Now now there's no need to get bloody. Why fight when we can negotiate"

"So brave," Cora told them with a hint of admiration in her voice whether it was false or not Jaclyn couldn't tell "Both of you in different ways. But no I'm not going to kill you instead I'm going to leave you here -- for more satisfying -- with your thirst for vengeance unquenched while I complete our journey without you two"

"There's no need to be rash we can discuss this." 

Jaclyn didn't want Cora to leave because well without Cora they were screwed as to a ways back to the curious town of Storybrooke as they didn't have magic beans or any other magical item that would allow them passage to there.