8.Discovering The Secret

It was the day of the race. I was already in Jersey. My team was back in Harlem watching and hearing this from the school. My mom was there two. I was at the starting line in Trenton. Logan pull up in his Mustang. He was staring at me and then he looked forward. I got in my BMW and fasten my seat belt.

"You really think you can stop me?" Logan asks.

"It's not about stopping you it's about ending you." I said.

"First, I'm a take your ride then I'm a take Janice from you, get ready for that!"

"I would like to see you try Logan first I'm a take your ride and then I'm a take your pride gets ready for that!"

"It's on muthafucker, oh it's on." We drove our cars to the starting line. The loud speaker next to the starting light came on.

"Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the first annual Promise Academy High School street race. This race is for $1 million dollars. We have our two most famous students racing today, and I'm a say their rivalry will end one way or another. It's time to introduce the drivers! In the 2015 Ford Mustang, he is the captain of the basketball team and the most popular student in promise, Logan Reed. Now his opponent in the BMW M3 GTR. He is the most famous and decorative racer known to man, he is love by millions hated by Logan, and he the STREET KING MICHAEL WILLIAMS."

"It is true?" Logan said.

"Now you know, and you are going to pay for everything you have done to me and my guys." I said to him.

"Drivers start your engines!" We turn our keys and rev our cars. You can hear the horse power on our rides. Mines was the loudest though. I put my head down and started to think about everything. From all the events that happened in my life. The light turned red and I was in focus. The light hit yellowed, and then green and it was racing time.

I caught an early head start. I was ahead, and we were headed towards the highway. My radio frequency was getting tamper with.

"Mike, Mike can you hear me?" A voice said.

"Makayla?" I ask.

"Mike oh thank god. How you are doing?"

"I'm fine Makayla. I'm ahead of him. We on the i-95 now."

"Mike it's Darren. Listen take the U.S-1 it should save some time." Darren said.

"Thanks Darren." I said. I headed towards the first exit. Logan did follow me, and he was right next to me.

"You not winning you jackass!" Logan said.

"Your bad driving says otherwise." I said laughing. I hit the clutch and took off again. I kept following the map to get back to Harlem. Here is where shit fucks up for me. Logan started to ram my car from the back. I tried to pull away, but he kept catching up. He came to the side of me and almost ran my car off the road. I slowed down he missed and speed up.

"Haha see ya later cocksucker!" He said.

"Mike Baby you okay?" Janice asks me over the radio.

"Yeah I'm good baby." I said.

"Mike, you got to catch up to him." Tiffany said.

"Best-friend please don't give up." Makayla said.

"Mike it's your mom. Listen focus on the task at hand. You are close to him remember what you are doing this for. Everyone here is believing in you. Burn rubber, not your soul." The radio shut off. I started to have these memories of what everyone has said to me. It gave me the clarity and understanding of why I love this sport. I hit the clutch and started to speed up.

I was in Logan draft. I started to think about the day I became street king. Then I started to think about the formation of Driver-City. I pulled away from Logan. I was close to the Holland Tunnel. Logan and I were driving our asses off. We were back in the city. It was something about this race that made me realized why I am the street king.

We were on the west-side highway close to 125th. Me and him were battling it out like crazy. We got to 125th near the one train. I was ahead.

"Mike cut through the shell's gas station block." Kareem said.

"Alright bet." I said. I turned around the corner from Grant and headed up the block of 124th. Logan went straight up 125th and went all the way down to Lenox. I hit 7th avenue and hit turn and went straight Into 129th. As soon as I got to 127th Logan car came and drifted right next to me. We drifted, and we saw a big ass crowd at the finished lined near the main entrance. We were neck and neck. I closed my eyes and lifted up the red switch. I hit the shift stick and press the blue button to hit my signature. My car went flying. I cross the finished line and won the race.

The crowd started going nuts. I turned my car around and pulled up near the finished line. I got out everyone was cheering street king. My team and my mom rushed to me and gave me a group hug. Janice jump on me and kissed me. Ms. J came and made one last announcement.

"Here is your Winner the Street King Michael Williams!"

"So, you finally stop Logan?" Darren asks.

"Yeah and it does feels great." I said.

"Well we did it together Mike I love you bro."

"I love you Darren. I'm proud that you are a member of this team. I'm proud of everyone that is a member of Driver-City."

"We love you too Mike." They all said.

"Thank you, Mom, and Ms. J." I said.

"I'm proud of you Michael I love you so much son." My mom said.

"You finally gave racing meaning again you are truly what it defines to be the Street King." Ms. J said. I gave them both a hug.

"Hey Michael." Logan said walking up to me. He extended his arm. We shook hands. We gave each other a hug.

"I'm sorry about what I put you through Michael, it wasn't my intention to and I'm glad that I race my idol." He said. I was in shocked when he said I was idol.

"Hey, I forgive you man we all got to learn somehow." I said. He goes over to my team and apologize. They all hug it out and he went back in his car and left.

"So, I guess that it's huh?" Tiffany asks.

"I guess it is." I said.

"I'm glad I have a best friend like you Mike." Makayla said.

"I'm glad I have a boyfriend like you." Janice said.

"We all glad we have him as a friend, brother, girlfriend, and of course the leader of this team." Kareem said. I smiled and we all group hug. So, the story ends like this. You got to know the life of me. You saw me end the rivalry. Now you understand me and my life. Understand this there is more to this story that meets the eye. Burn rubber not your soul ladies and gentlemen.