The Uninvited Guest

The first thing October realized upon waking was that she remembered everything. Every. Single. Lifetime. And there were many.

The second thing she realized was the black cat staring intensely at her from her bedside; its big green eyes swimming with anxiety.

About time, Sleeping Beauty! the cat yowled and then stretched up on its hind legs to lean its front paws on her chest.

October barked a sharp laugh. "Jesus Christ, give me a minute to collect myself."

She lifted the animal up and set it beside her as she sat up. On the other side of her appearing dead to the world was a welcomed sight. A certain platinum blond sprawled out atop the red duvet divested of his boots and his long coat, fast asleep.

October cast a quick glance at the clock on the bedroom dresser. The hands read about 5:30am.

"How long have I been out?" she asked her familiar.

Three days, the feline dutifully informed her.

"Damn. Hope I didn't miss anything important," she muttered, returning her gaze to David's sleeping figure.

Her heart ached with longing.

Damn. Everything made so much sense now! Like the reason she hadn't freaked out as much when she first brought back the Lost Boys. How easily she had rolled with the impossible turn of events. Why she had such a mastery of magic when she hadn't even known it was real.

"You've passed out in front of me almost three times since we met, you know."

October inhaled sharply.

A smirk played on the vampire's lips, though his eyes remained closed. "You should probably think about breaking that habit," he continued.

She quivered at the low rasp of his drowsy voice.

Fuck, I want to kiss him right now, the thought flashed across her brain.

David chuckled. "By all means, kiss me, I dare you."

He flicked one eye open to watch her. Damn she had missed him. She had missed him so damn much, tears pricked the corners of her eyes.

Slowly, she leaned over him. Her long black falling around David's head like a curtain. They were both reminded of the chaste kiss they shared the night he became head vampire of the Lost Boys.

Their lips brushed delicately when suddenly the bedroom door flew open.

"I knew it! I told you guys she was awake!" Paul exclaimed in his usual boisterous manner as he bounded into the room.

David and October groaned as they reluctantly parted.

Dwayne swept in behind Paul. He took one look at the platinum blond and the witch and raised a critical brow. "Are we interrupting you two?"

Marco cackled as he made for the bed. "Didn't you hear? October wants to make out with David!"

October huffed with irritation. She'd forgotten they could hear her thoughts. So embarrassing...

Paul hopped onto the bed, immediately pulling her into an embrace. "October we were so worried you'd never wake up! And yet here you are locking lips with Davie here!"

She giggled, struggling to free her arms enough to wrap them around the rocker. "Why Paul, are you jealous? You know you can kiss me too if that's what you really want," she teased.