The Weird Sisters

God. What were the chances her estranged, vampire sister would settle down in the town her most recent past life ended?

October thought to herself, That would explain a lot actually.

Lying prone and paralyzed in the dark where Michael/Max had left her, she had all day to think on the extraordinary events that led her here. "Here" being the Widow Johnson's basement, pinned down to a long dining table by stakes made of pure iron balanced on her wrists, her ankles, and her throat.

It was only a matter of time before her sister finally made her grand entrance and dived into a bad guy monologue. In the meantime, October had nothing but her own thoughts to keep her occupied while she waited for sundown.

She wasn't alone, though, technically. In the locked casket shoved against the far wall, David slumbered, unhelpful and totally useless.

October sighed heavily.

This sucked.

At least it did until...

"You are so fucked."

October glanced out of the corner of her eye.

What on Earth? she thought.

A little girl stood by her head with her arms crossed as she curled her lip like just being near October was a massive disappointment.

October blinked in confusion. "Excuse you? How did you get in here?"

The girl rolled her eyes. "I let myself in, dumbass."

"Whoa, okay. First of all, fucking language," October scoffed. "Second of all, who are you...?"

In lieu of answering the little girl just stared at her expectantly. Which only confused October more. After about a minute of awkward silence, the girl groaned and rolled her eyes dramatically.

She rolled her left sleeve up and brandished her wrist over October's face. "Recognize me now?" She asked in a snotty tone October did not appreciate.

October glared at the girl before she looked.

There, inked into her wrist was a witch's mark.

Her eyes widened.

"Oh thank Hecate. It's you." A hysterical giggle burst from her lips.

Her eldest sister was there to save her from the Widow Johnson! There were so many concerning, seriously fucked up implications behind that one realization that October's brain short circuited as she worked through it all.

Her eldest sister was currently a small child.

Her eldest sister was currently a small child, who remembered she was a witch.

Her eldest sister was currently a small child, who knew she was a witch, and was somehow in the same proximity of her other sisters. Something that hadn't happened in literal ages. And for good reason.

There was only one way her sister knew she was a witch so early in this new lifetime. The Widow Johnson had clearly threatened her and forced her to wake up. A huge witch no-no. They were in uncharted waters now.

Breathless, she blinked back unexpected tears. "H-how are you even awake right now? Are you okay?"

Her sister took her wrist back and rolled down her sleeve again. Unfazed, she arched a delicate brow. "Seriously? The paralyzed girl stuck to a table in a dirty basement of a notorious vampire is asking if I'm okay?"