The Arrival

OLIVIER LOOKED OVER AT ISSA as she stared down at the spellbook in her hands. Queen Narcissa had so graciously given it to her take along to Auradon.

"You okay?" He asked, sliding his hand on top of hers.

Issa shrugged slightly, hugging the book to her chest. "The only time I ever get to use my powers is in the Underworld with dad and Persephone, and it was like whiplash when I felt the tingle of power run through me. But that's only for three months. Imagine what it'll be like for however long we stay at Auradon."

Oliver could tell she thinking too far ahead when she did that usually overworked herself and that wasn't good for anyone. "Hey, once steal the wand, and break the barrier, you'll be able to practice your powers as much as you want. And you'll mom will be there to help along the way."

"Yeah. Then we can get rid of the prissy princes and princesses."

Oliver snorted.

A cough broke their conversation as Gothel narrowed her eyes at Issa, glancing idly at Oliver. "Oliver, the limo is outside to come pick you up."

Oliver took a deep breath and gave Issa a smile. "Ready to go?"

"Not really, but whatever." Issa sighed, placing the spellbook in her satchel. Grabbing Oliver gently by the hand she went to pull him outside with her, only to be stopped by Gothel.

"I would like to speak to my son. Alone." She said hotly.

Issa came to a halt, slowly turning her head to glare at Gothel. "As you said," she hissed. "the limo is waiting."

"But shouldn't I have the right to give my son a final send-off? Surely you wouldn't want to deprive him of that like you always do." Gothel sniffed, upturning her nose to the girl.

Issa moved to go towards her, only to be held back by Oliver, who grasp her shoulder gently. Shaking his head he whispered in her ear.

"It's okay. Go, I'll be fine."

"Oliver-" Issa tried, peering up at him.

"I'll meet you outside. 'Kay?"

Issa stared at him for a few minutes, shooting occasional glares at Gothel over Oliver's shoulder but eventually gave a nod and pulled away. "I'll be waiting outside." She reminded slowly walking towards the door.

Once she was gone, Gothel let out an aggravated huff glaring at the spot where Issa once stood, muttering about how the girl never knew how to mind her own business.

"Mother," Oliver called, quickly diverting her attention. "Did you need something?"

When Gothel turned to him, her lips were pursed still but there was a glint in her eye, something dark and cruel was festering in her mind. "Oliver, I want you to do something for me at Auradon. Besides getting the wand."

"Of course. What is it?"

Gothel walked up to him, hands held behind her back as she took in his appearance. "You are a handsome looking young man, have grown finely. Any girl would be dying to have you."

"I'm not so sure-" he tried to joke, only to be cut off by an even look.

"Now doubting yourself won't help the plan." Gothel reminded hotly before taking a calming breath, rolling her aching joints. "When you get to Auradon, you'll meet Poppy, Rapunzel's daughter. The resemblance is uncanny." Gothel placed a hand on his arm. "I want you to become friends with her. Get on her good graces."

"But what if she doesn't like me-"

"Doesn't matter. You will do whatever it takes to make her do so. And then you'll get her alone during the Coronation and you'll use these," pulling her hand from behind her back she displayed a pair of long, steel, and sharp scissors that gleam harshly in the light, reflecting Gothel's wide smile. "and snip those blonde locks before delivering them to me."

Oliver's eyes widened in horror. "Mother, I can't!"

"You can and you will!" Gothel hissed, forcefully grabbing him by the chin and lowering him to her level. Her black eyes glared at him, and Oliver couldn't help but glance down at the scissors clenched in her hand tightly. "Poppy's hair is just like her mother's-magic flower, bright golden glow and all! You know how important Rapunzel's hair was to me, so imagine what her hair will be like. So it doesn't matter if you want to or not, you will. Understood?"

"Understood."

Gothel nodded. "Good boy. Mother is only doing what's best for you."

"Mother...knows best," Oliver whispered, peering down at the scissors in his hand.

°°°°

Issa sat between Oliver, who was on her left, and Evie, who was on her right. Jay sat next to Oliver and on his left at the end sat Carlos. On the other end of the car sat Mal, who seemed to be mid-way through a brooding session.

"What did Gothel want?" Issa whispered looking at Oliver, who tensed, thinking back to the conversation.

Shaking his head Oliver gave her a small smile. "It's nothing. I promise." He leaned forward to reach for an orange packet of candy before offering one to Issa, hoping to draw her attention. It worked, but he knew only for a short while.

Dozens of different candies crowded the shelves of the limo, some so obscene that even the VK's had no idea what they were. To Carlos and Jay, there was only one way to find out-by stuffing as much in their mouths as possible.

Carlos let out a gasp in delight as held a chocolate cup in his hand, nodding to Jay. "It's salty like nuts, but sweet, I don't know what."

"Let me see," Jay leaned in to reach for the chocolate in Carlos's hand, only to jerk back in disgust when the white-haired boy opened his mouth to show the chewed up bits of chocolate. Smacking him in the shoulder, he snatched the chocolate from his hands before shoving it in his mouth.

Mal was the only one of the villain kids who wasn't enjoying the candy. Grabbing a remote, Mal curiously pushed the button near her finger and hummed with interest as the divider between them and the driver lowered so they could see the driver.

Evie glanced out the window, and let out a terrified gasp. "Look!" she cried. Everyone turned to see the end of the Isle getting closer, as the bridge hung over the cliff. The problem was that there was no bridge, as it was broken and if the barrier hadn't existed anyone who tried to leave would plummet to the bottom of the ocean.

"It's a trap!" Carlos exclaimed fearfully. The villain children all screamed and huddled together, awaiting the end. As the driver drove through the barrier he rolled his eyes at them as he pushed the button to create a magic bridge. Issa opened her eyes and stared in amazement as the boarders seemed to open for them, and on the note that they were still driving straight not plunging to the ocean. "Guys, look."

The rest of the group held the same confused look as they drove farther, and farther away from the Isle.

"What was that?" Carlos asked, sitting up.

"It must be magic." Evie squealed dreamily.

Mal turned to the driver, tapping the remote on the side to get his attention. "Hey!" The driver merely gave her a grunt in reply, not turning to look at her. "Did this little button just open up the magic barrier?"

"Nope, this one opens the magic barrier," the driver sniffed, holding up a golden remote. "That one opens my garage. And this button," he pushed the console above him, ending their conversation as the divider lifted back up, separating him from the teens.

"Okay, nasty." Mal turned back around in her seat, a smirk on her face. "I like that guy."