Tour

"Alright everyone," I clasp my hands together and spin on my heels to face the group, "This is our training facility." I gesture behind me to the single-story white building. The front of the building was made up almost entirely of bulletproof windows. "As you can see, our facility is a bit odd compared to others. Since we have different races being trained in the pack, we took some extra precautions. If any of you wish to use this facility, you must ask me for permission before you enter. We have some pretty powerful witches that train here and it could become a very dangerous situation if any of you were to enter while they train."

"A couple of witches won't scare me," a wolf shouts from the back of the group. A couple other wolves grunt in agreement.

"Next time they are scheduled for training, I'll reserve a seat in the front row just for you," I say sarcastically and send the wolf a smirk.

The wolf opens his mouth to say more, but is immediately interrupted by Thalia, "I'm really tired from traveling all day and would love to lay down. So, can you show us our rooms?"

During my exchange with the male wolf, I hadn't noticed that Thalia inched closer to me. She places her hand on my forearm then puts net mouth next to my ear. Her hot breath sends shivers through my body and I have to fight the urge to lean closer to her. "More specifically, I want to see your room," Thalia purrs before pulling away.

I glance over at Danielle and catch her eyes change color. However, once she blinks again they are back to normal.

I wonder what she was just thinking about to make her eyes change, I say to Makia.

Probably you underneath her, Makia replies bluntly.

Makia's sudden, blunt response catches me off guard causing me to choke for a second. The sudden noise catches Danielle's attention who slides her gaze towards me, "You good?"

"Yep, I'm, uh," I pause to clear my throat and collect myself, "I'm fine."

"You don't seem fine," Thalia pipes up.

"I am," I say with more confidence this time. I desperately need to get the attention away from me, "Time to go show everyone where they'll be staying."

I turn on my heels and start along the path that leads to the pack house.

About halfway through our walk, Thalia and Danielle appear on either side of me. Thalia grabs my hand and gives it a gentle squeeze to get my attention, "I know you deliberately changed the topic back there and I let you get away with it because I could tell you were uncomfortable. But you've been on edge since then and my wolf is getting concerned."

"Mine too," Danielle grabs my free hand and glances at me.

You need to reassure them, Makia chimes in, I can sense their unease.

"I really am okay," I say and give each of their hands a squeeze. I was a bit surprised when neither of them dropped my hands after. I expected Thalia to keep holding on, but not Danielle. Since they got here, Thalia was the one to go out of her way to be near me. Where Danielle had always seemed more distant. I must have really worried them.

"I'm sorry I worried you. It really wasn't anything that big, my wolf just made a stupid comment," I say to them, trying to give them some explanation for my behavior.

It was not a stupid comment, it was most likely the truth, Makia says to defend herself. I send her a snort in response which causes her to huff and disappear into my mind.

"I understand that," Danielle starts, "my wolf was giving me trouble earlier as well."

"I know," I reply before thinking. Danielle's eyes shift towards me and I scramble to explain, "I saw your eyes change for a second earlier, after Thalia mentioned seeing my room."

"Did they really?" Thalia looks to Danielle for confirmation. She then breaks out into a fit of giggles when Danielle gives a small nod.

"Looks like your wolf liked the idea of sleeping with Belle," Thalia teases between her giggles.

At the mention of sleeping together, Makia perks up and I can feel the change in my eyes.

Tonight will be fun, Makia growls before I manage to push her down.

Behave yourself, I warn.

I feel Danielle's hand tighten around my own and glance towards her. I see her usually blue eyes are now a deep amber.

When Thalia notices the change in our mate, she moves to the opposite side of Danielle from me, but doesn't grab her hand. I realize that holding onto Danielle's hand was only making the situation worse so I release my hold on it. Danielle lets out a low growl at the loss of contact.

"Dani, you need to get yourself together," Thalia says almost as a demand.

I watch as the amber color slowly leaks from Danielle's eyes and they return to a stunning blue. "Good thing you've calmed down 'cause we've returned to the pack house," I gesture towards the large building in front of us.

After leading everyone inside, I gesture to my left, "This side of the house is dedicated to guests. Since your group is the only guests we'll be having during your stay, this entire side of the house is yours. Feel free to pick whichever rooms you'd like." The wolves all nod as a response.

I switch how I'm standing to turn and face the right side of the house, "This side is for pack members. My office is the first door on the right down the hallway," I point to the door I was referencing. I then point to a large archway across from my office, "Through that arch is the kitchen and dining area. All of you are welcome to help yourselves and join us for meals." I gesture towards the stairs, "The upstairs area holds all the rooms for the pack. Mine is on the second floor at the end of the hallway. Feel free to bother me at anytime, my door is always open. Well, it's always open figuratively, please knock first." I then turn to face the group with a smile, "You are all free to do as you wish. Food will be prepared in a couple of hours."

The wolves all disperse to do as they please, but my two mates stay behind.

"You do know that we're sleeping with you tonight right," Thalia places her hands on her hips and sends me a pointed look. Danielle just looks at me with a smirk on her face.

Why do I feel like these two are never going to leave me alone?

They never will honey, they're your mates and will always be by your side, Makia replies to my thought.

I didn't ask for your opinion, I huff at her.