Call with the Queen

The Queen wasted no time in picking up the phone. Before Danielle can even get a word out, the Queen's voice fills the room, "Danielle Marie Brighton!"

At the sound of her full name Danielle winces slightly before greeting her mother, "Hi mom, sorry I forgot to call you sooner."

'Oooooohh! She's in trouble,' Makia says like she's a child about to watch another kid get yelled at, 'The Queen used her mom tone.'

I force myself to stifle a laugh at Makia's comment however, I must not have been as successful as I had hoped because Thalia glances my way for a second before flashing me a smile. I return the smile and then we both turn our attention back to the conversation our mate was having with her mother.

"I thought you were hurt or dead or in danger! You needed to call me when you got to there! How were we supposed to know you were safe? I had to convince both of your fathers to stay here. They wanted to tear that pack apart!" Even though I know the Queen was just lecturing her child, I can't stop the growl that escaped my mouth from the threat to my pack.

I had hoped the Queen would not be able to pick it up, but I was never that lucky. "Who was that?"

"That was the alpha of The Lost Pack," Dani explains then reaches her hand out for mine. I hesitate for a second before grabbing it and moving closer to her. The contact with my mate calmed my wolf and I could feel Makia retreat to the back of my mind.

"Oh dear, my apologies," The Queen starts, "I had not realized the alpha would be present for a conversation with my daughter."

"Mom," Dani warns, "We are using her office. I needed a space where other wolves wouldn't be able to hear our conversation. Are you in your office?"

"No, I'm currently in the kitchen getting food for your brothers," The Queen's reply is followed by the sound of a fridge opening.

"Please go to your office mom," Dani requests, "I don't want any of the others to hear our conversation."

The Queen sighs heavily before asking, "What could you possibly need to talk about that's this serious?"

"It's important mom and I don't want to risk dad or papa overhearing us," Dani responds. The phone is then filled with the sound of footsteps before a door can be heard closing.

"There," The Queen sounds quite irritated with her daughter, "Better?"

"Yes, thank you," Dani replies. She inhales before she starts explaining to her mother the situation we find ourselves in, "So, I found my third mate."

Before Dani gets the chance to continue, an excited is heard from the other end of the phone before the Queen starts asking questions, "Who is it? How old are they? Male or female? When will you guys be coming back? Have you guys mat-,"

"Mom!" Dani raises her voice slightly to get her mother's attention before she asked the question none of us want to answer, "It's the alpha of the pack, Arabella St. Claire. So that should answer most of your questions. The subject of the three of us returning is what we would like to discuss with you. Belle refuses to leave her pack and as her mate I won't leave her behind."

"You know you can't stay there. You have to take over the Royal Pack since your brothers aren't qualified," The Queen responds matter-of-factly.

"I'm aware mother." Dani replies with a little more attitude than I had expected, "However, I still refuse to leave my mate and Thalia feels the same. So, Lia has an idea. She read that there was a similar situation to ours in the past and the two packs decided to combine into one pack. If we were able to combine both The Lost Pack and The Royal Pack, no one would need to leave anything behind."