Outside

Jedediah just wanted to go outside for one second. One second. Was that too much? Apparently so. He had just been trying to retrieve his hat that Dexter, the idiot monkey, had thrown out a window. And then Larry didn't notice Jedediah yelling at him as he closed the window and the door, Jedediah's only ways to get back inside.
So yeah, Jedediah was stuck.
"Are you kidding me." Jedediah swore loudly and almost slipped on the ice that this cold winter had brought. Could this get any worse? Oh wait, it already had. He screamed at the door and kicked it before giving up and deciding to try something else.
It wasn't long before he had climbed halfway up the building toward the window.
Then he made the mistake of looking down.
Jedediah screamed. He was not the best with heights, and well, this was high up. Trying not to hyperventilate, he grabbed onto the wall tighter. He tried to stop the tears that were leaking from his eyes. He couldn't cry, not now.
But what if they had forgotten him?
His mind didn't shut up, only getting louder and louder making his head pound.
Worthless.
His friends didn't care, who was he kidding? They never did, never would-
"Jedediah?"
He had made it to the window without even realizing it. Jedediah could see a worried Octavius through his vision, blurred by tears.
He tried to stifle a sob that had built up. Almost breaking down he reached the glass.
"Octavius?" He whispered hopping he could here him through the glass. "I'm stuck."
"I'll get Larry." The little Romans face was full of worry. "Wait there, I won't be long."
Octavius ran off. As he turned a corner Jedediah broke down. He was so high up. Ice was everywhere. It was freezing cold.
He couldn't help remembering that the sun would rise soon. And he would be gone.
Jedediah sat in silence, shivering and trying to stop the tears. Finally Larry appeared, sprinting toward him while holding Octavius.
Jedediah stood up and wiped away the tears falling from his face, attempting to look confident. Larry unlocked the window and opened it. A blast of warm air hit Jedediah, making him cringe. Larry scooped up Jedediah who was still struggling with the task of not crying.
"You okay, Jed?" Larry exclaimed "I didn't notice you! Was it Dexter? I swear-!"
"I'm fine Gigantor." said Jedediah as confidently as he could, though his voice wavered, "It sure was an experience."
Larry brought Octavius and Jedediah closer to their exhibits and set them down on the bench in-front. Octavius could tell something was wrong. He awkwardly hugged Jedediah and helped him sit down.
"What's wrong?" Octavius whispered pulling him closer.
"It reminded m-me" Jedediah stopped mid sentence to take a breath "The hourglass. Sand."
Grabbing Octavius, Jedediah buried his face in his shoulder.
"I'm useless." Jedediah choked, tears now freely streaming from his eyes.
"No your not!" gasped Octavius, horrified.
"Yes I am!" Jedediah exclaimed almost yelling "I can't do anything without almost having a panic attack. I can't even tell you that-"
Jedediah's eyes widened he had almost said it. Almost.
"Tell me what." Octavius asked quietly
Jedediah scooted away from him, his face paleing.
"Nothing."
What was he supposed to say. Jedediah was just completely in love with Octavius but didn't know how he felt. Jedediah couldn't ruin this friendship, he just couldn't.
Suddenly, Octavius moved forward and pulled Jedediah towards him. It was barely thought through but it happened.
Octavius kissed Jedediah.
They broke apart. Both of their faces were as red of Octavius' cape.
"So um," Jedediah had stopped crying as he was busy blushing furiously.
"I-It's almost sunset." Octavius pointed out, "We should talk about... this in the morning."
"That's a good idea." Jedediah agreed.
Octavius turned to leave mentally facepalming himself for doing that, but also high fiveing himself. Then Jedediah decided, why not, and kissed Octavius again quickly before promptly sprinting toward his exhibit.