Sand

Sand
Jedediah never fully realized how much sand was in his exhibit.
After what had happened in the Smithsonian, they headed home. Everyone missed the Museum of Natural History and was happy to return. Jedediah and Octavius were packed into a box and shipped to their museum.
Everything was soon back to how it was before. But not fully. Jedediah had been trying to forget that night. He hated the feeling of helplessness and absolute fear. He had felt that while in the hourglass and never wanted to feel like that again.
Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath in, Jedediah stepped out onto the sand. It might sound simple, but it wasn't for him. Sand had become quite a fear of Jedediah's, making him feel terrible. He was trying to act confident and made sure no one realized his fear.
He slowly opened his eyes attempting to not look at the ground. Beginning to walk and feel more comfortable, he made it to near the edge of his exhibit.
He made the mistake of looking down.
Memories rushed forward, forcing him to remember. He cried out, but it was stifled by a sob.
Octavius was walking over to Jedediah's exhibit, happily whistling. He arrived there just in time to see Jedediah fall to his knees and collapse.
He knew something was very wrong. Jedediah had been acting off lately and Octavius had noticed. He tried to ask Jedediah if something was wrong, but Jedediah would get defensive and change the subject.
Octavius wasted no time and rushed to Jedediah's side. Jedediah was pale and shivering.
Octavius panicked, he had no clue what to do. What could be causing this. He had to figure it out now.
Octavius quickly looked around, scanning for anything that could have caused this to Jedediah.
Sand.
Jedediah was scared of sand.
Octavius scooped Jedediah up. He could feel Jedediah's heart beat. It was beating way to fast.
He had to get him off the sand.
Octavius moved as fast as he could while holding Jedediah. He set him down on the floor. Jedediah snapped out of his trance. Gasping Jedediah covered his face and sobbed. He curled up into a ball and peeked through his fingers at Octavius.
"Are you okay, Jedediah?" Octavius asked concerned. He reached forward and pulled Jedediah's hands away from his face.
Jedediah tried to nod.
"No you're not." Octavius whispered still holding his hands. He stood and helped Jedediah up.
"It's okay." Octavius pulled Jedediah close to him. Jedediah just stood there, barely able to keep himself on his feet.
"I'm not supposed to be afraid." Jedediah sobbed, "I'm not-"
"It's okay to be afraid." Octavius said still holding Jedediah close, "Everyone is scared of something."
Jedediah looked up into Octavius' eyes.
"I-" Jedediah smiled, bringing his face closer to Octavius', "Octavius, I-"
He brought his hands up and held Octavius' face, his face turning red.
"I love you."
Octavius went more red than Jedediah. 
Jedediah didn't wait for a reply and kissed him. Octavius jumped and pulled away.
"I-I'm sorry." Jedediah's eyes widened, "I thought..."
Jedediah moved away quickly and pushed him.
"Jedediah." Octavius said, "I didn't-"
Jedediah looked away, his eyes glistening with tears.
Octavius grabbed his arms, forcing Jedediah to look him in the eye.
"I was surprised."
Octavius smiled at Jedediah and held onto him.
"I love you too."
Jedediah finally looked at him, smiling. Octavius let go of Jedediah's arms and kissed him. He grabbed Jedediah's hair and pulled him close again.
They broke apart. Octavius smirked and snatched Jedediah's hat. Jedediah screamed and tried to grab it.
"Your hair is sticking up!" Octavius laughed, he ran off with Jedediah chasing him.
"Give me my hat back!" Jedediah yelled, half laughing.
"Nope." Octavius giggled.
Jedediah got close enough to him and tackled him to the ground. Octavius threw Jedediah's hat as he fell.
"You ass!" Jedediah screeched.
Octavius reached up and kissed him. Jedediah blushed and froze awkwardly. Octavius took that moment to race over to Jedediah's hat, pick it up, and sprint away.
Jedediah smiled and ran after him.

(A.N. This is my favourite oneshot I've wrote so far! I'm not great at writing cute things, but I tried...)