New Years

The museum was restless. It was New Year's Eve, one of the few holidays the museum was awake for.

Larry brought his son, Nicky, to the museum. Most of the museum wanted to see the fireworks. The miniatures were determined to climb up to the windowsills, but weren't really getting anywhere.

"Jedediah!" Octavius called out, noticing his friend. He made his way to him.

"Oh! Hey Octavius." Jedediah was acting just a bit off. Octavius could tell.

"So, plans to get up to the window?" Octavius asked Jedediah.

Jedediah thought for a second, "We could get Larry to pick us up and put us on the window sill?" It sounded more like a question than a statement.

"That's a good idea." Octavius said, immediately dragging Jedediah along with him as he set off to find Larry.

As they walked, Octavius kept noticing little things that Jedediah was doing that made him seem, almost nervous? Octavius couldn't think of any reasons for him to be nervous, so he brushed it off as him overthinking. Because Octavius had a plan, he was going to confess to Jedediah. But little did he know Jedediah had a plan too.

"Larry!" Jedediah called out jumping up and down to get his attention. Larry noticed Octavius and Jedediah and turned around to face them.

"Yeah?" Larry looked down at the two miniatures, "What's up guys?"

"We require your assistance for getting us up to the window." Octavius stated.

"Okay, here." Larry picked the two of them up and carried them to the window, where he set them down.

"Have a good night." Larry said while looking at Jedediah, "Happy New Years!"

Jedediah turned a bit red, Larry obviously knew what was wrong with Jedediah.

Octavius and Jedediah sat near the window, it would be a good view of the fireworks. Everything was perfect.

Octavius began to get nervous as midnight approached. What if everything went wrong? What if Jedediah didn't feel the same way? What if Jedediah never wanted to talk to him again?

"Everything okay, partner?" Octavius had completely zoned out, and jumped when he heard Jedediah's voice. The voice of somebody he loved. Someone he didn't want to loose.

He couldn't do it. He couldn't confess! Jedediah would hate him. Octavius couldn't live with that.

"Octavius!" Jedediah almost yelled, shaking him gently, "Anyone there?"

Octavius jumped again, pulled out of his thoughts. "Yep! I'm fine." Then he screamed as the chime of the clock startled him.

Octavius turned red, yet again, and Jedediah laughed for a second before stopping himself. He kept wheezing for a few seconds before pulling himself together.

Octavius had missed his chance.

A feeling of sadness hit Octavius hard. He turned away from Jedediah, Octavius could sense the tears swimming in his eyes.

"Octavius." Jedediah's voice had become soft, so unlike him, "Look at me please."

Octavius drew in a shaky breath as he turned to face Jedediah, preparing to explain himself.

Jedediah had moved much closer than he had been. Before Octavius knew what had happened, Jedediah had kissed him.

Octavius grabbed Jedediah's hair, pulling him closer.

Jedediah pushed him away, "I love you Octavius." He said quietly, pulling Octavius back towards him.

"I love you too."

And they kissed again.

(A/N: oops I forgot I was writing this so it's a bit late,, Uh so hope y'all had a good New Years!)