Transaction

[Transaction too complex, summon higher rank wisp and synchronize with main consciousness] The purple wisp said in its mechanical voice when Stephanie had asked if the artifact could be traded for something that would mask/hide a god's presence.

"How do I do that?" Stephanie asked.

[Draw summoning circle in diameter over 50 cm, request for synchronizing with main consciousness]

"Thank you, I'll do that," Stephanie said, and the little wisp disappeared. She had made plenty of transactions with Purple, so she didn't exactly fear to summon a bigger one.

She left her room, ran over to get a bottle of balsamico and plastic wrapping, then returned. Sending aether through liquids was the next easiest thing after metal, so it ought to work. Soon she had drawn the circle and sending aether through it worked; a big wisp did float up.

"Synchronize with the main consciousness, please," Stephanie asked.

[Requesting. Permission granted. Synchronizing.]

Stephanie took off the wrap with balsamico and threw it in the trash, then watched in wonder as the wisp shaped itself into an attractive teen a bit older than her with purple hair and purple eyes with white pupils. He wore something a classy waiter would.

"Hello, I'm Purple, thank you for your continued patronage," he said with a smile, floating down to sit on the very same table where the circle was.

"Pleased to meet you, I'm Stephanie," she said. She knew his real form was a huge magical beast of sorts, so this form was likely a lot like a wisp - something he made up for more natural interaction.

Purple turned his eyes to the artifact. "You wished to trade that for something that would conceal a god's presence, right?"

Stephanie nodded.

"What kind of god are we talking about?" Purple asked.

"Before I say, can this conversation remain fully confidential?" Stephanie asked.

"Of course," Purple said. "That's my default policy."

What Carl had said about Purple hinted at as much - Purple didn't disclose where or how he got things. That had been true with both her sales and purchases.

"What do you mean by what kind of god?" Stephanie asked.

"The more details you have, the better," Purple said.

"Okay, so he has a human body, but he's also a god. I think the god was called Tharurun," Stephanie said, figuring that might be the best way to put it.

"Is that artifact created by him?" Purple asked, not seeming phased by her previous words.

That felt like a bit of a leap in conclusions. Stephanie chose to go with a "Yes." There wasn't any point in hiding that.

Purple smiled and reached out his hand. Stephanie figured he wanted to take a better look at the artifact, so she passed it over.

Purple asked. "I know the god called Tharurun had some unfinished business with five other gods and he has three enemies, are those the issue?"

Eh-- Marcus hadn't said anything about that. But it did sound pretty bad-- "Partly," Stephanie replied, then continued. "The other part is being noticed by people; it would be good if he could blend in like he was a regular person."

Purple thought a bit. "I could give an epic grade rune stone for presence concealment, that would make normies see him as a regular person, but it won't work too well on seeing side individuals till he practices the skill enough for it to advance into mythical grade at least," Purple said. "And I can arrange for negotiations with the individuals he's in trouble with to see what could be done to settle those, can I assume you would be able to settle the tab using artifacts of this type?"