twenty one

Wes spent the next three nights sleeping at my apartment. He had set up shop in the guest bedroom and had barely left the building since. He explained that James and Kelly were still figuring  out logistics and coordinating with the company lawyer and the police. They said there was nothing else he could do at this point in time so he should just rest, he took a week of personal leave and left James in charge. 

Daniel has been unofficially fired, he has been forced to take a week of leave and has been instructed by the police not to leave the state. His absence has been made to look like a working holiday, to avoid suspicion from other employees. Wes decided he did not want everyone to know until everything had been sorted out and they knew what was going to happen next.

I'd spent my week going to work, coming home every lunch break to spend time with Wes. We had become a lot closer over the last few days but Wes was still vulnerable. We haven't kissed since I accidentally admitted to him that I was falling for him and I am okay with that. Once things clear up with his work then maybe we can start focusing on what is happening in our relationship.

"I have to go into work today." Wes said, gathering up his briefcase and making his way towards the front door. 

"I thought you did not have to go back in until Monday?" The last time we spoke I understood that he had one more day off, then the weekend and he would return to work on Monday.

"My lawyer wants to speak to me, I think they might have enough of an understanding of what has happened as well as the evidence to go with it to take the next step."

I nod, understanding that things still needed to go through the official procedures. There is probably going to be a court case, a lot of media attention and it could go on for quite a long time. 

I walk up to Wes, giving him a quick hug and a peck on the cheek, "It will be fine. It will all be over soon."

"I hope so." Wes whispers, pulling me back into him and softly kissing my lips, "I would like to get everything back on track so I can take you out on a proper date."

A smile forms on my lips, "I would like that."

***********************************************************************************************

Short and sweet but hopefully satisfies you for a little while!

I have started a new book, it is called Emerald Eyes. Please go to my profile and check it out.

I will hopefully have another update for you soon! (I've already started writing it!)

B x