THREE: Tag Along

After your last interaction, I knew it would be for the best to leave Kaminari alone. I didn't want to push him too far and make him hate me even more than I was sure he already did.

     I instead decided to keep far enough away, while also keeping myself nearby, but not bothering him. Talking with others in the class, I became closer with Tsu and the other girls. I watched him as days went by, going through team mock battles, and classwork nearly up to your eyes, despite it being the beginning of the school year.

During the mock battles, watching Midoriya nearly obliterating himself and half a building in just the first round, I grabbed onto the nearest people, in shock. To my left was Tsu, and of course to my right was Kaminari. A quick realization passes over me and I almost violently retract my hand from his sleeve.

     Muttering out a curt "sorry," I let go of Tsu and make my way to the far left of the group, putting space between the two of us. I don't notice, but Kaminari opens his mouth to say something back, but instead sighs and goes back to watching the large screen with the rest of the class.

The mock battles pass by, each with varying levels of success and failure for each team, and once we were all excused, everyone headed back to the classroom.

I station myself back at my seat as my classmates talk amongst themselves. I occupied myself by talking with Tsuyu, and Mina, who made her way towards the two of us.

     By the time Midoriya had returned from Recovery Girl's office, Mina and Kirishima rush up to him, gushing about his performance and quirk, soon joined by Tsuyu and myself.

     From behind our little excitable party, I hear Kaminari's voice and can't help but look back.

     "Wanna catch a meal together, Uraraka? What kind of things do you like to eat?" Kaminari had his usual laid-back stance, but I could tell he was trying to put down some smooth moves.

     I knew you shouldn't feel hurt by his actions, but something inside me twinged, and I felt bad that I was happy when Uraraka had barely answered him before noticing Midoriya and bounced her way over.

     Kaminari watched her approach our group and for a split moment, our eyes met. For a solid ten seconds, our gazes were locked on each other, and I felt my face heat up. Quickly turning my head away, hoping that my face wasn't as bright red as it had felt.

     Before long, after Midoriya had asked about Bakugo and had run off, everyone began to part their ways and head home.

A few blocks away from the school, headed towards the station, I have my music playing through my headphones, focusing on my steps more than anything, I suddenly have my movement stopped by someone stopping directly in front of me.

I pull my headphones from my head and look up to the person to apologize, and am met with the intense yet pitying gaze of Kaminari, yet again.

"You keep following me to the station every day. I thought I told you to leave me alone?" He sighed, his voice flat.

"N-no, I'm not following you." I shake my head, avoiding looking at him. "I'm just heading to the station that takes me home. I'm sure you've forgotten, but we have the same stop." I wasn't sure where the venom of the last sentence came from, but I regretted acting like that the second the words left my mouth.

"Oh. Right. Yeah." He only uttered three words before turning back around and starting off again. Ouch. I gave myself some time before heading back towards the train station, making sure I wouldn't run into Kaminari again.

     After about ten more blocks, I finally reach the station and head in. Passing the gates and heading toward the terminal to take me home, I feel a heavy arm around my shoulder and I'm met with a vaguely familiar face positioned too close to my own.

     "Heeyyyyy, you're (L/N) right? You went to Kaibetsu middle?" The face asked, arm across my shoulders weighing down further.

     "Y-Yeah that's me... do I know you?" I try to shrug his arm off, but he keeps it solidly draped over me. I notice that he's joined by two others, one on either side.

     "Sort of, we was third years back when you were a first year. Always kinda had a bit of a thing for you underclassmen girls, y'know? Saw you just now and figured since we aren't monitored by that lame-ass rule about 'relationships' no more, we'd ask you if you wanted to tag along with us for some fun?" The implications in his voice had my nerves skyrocketing and I manage to pull myself from under his arm.

     "No. I wouldn't want to do that. N-not at all." I try to keep my voice steady, but it cracked near the end as I started to walk away.

     My wrist gets caught and I'm stopped dead in my tracks.

     "Hey, it isn't nice to reject your seniors you know." His grip seemed to snake around my arm and hold me in place. I look down and notice that his fingers had become vine-like tendrils and that's when I recognized him. He was notorious around my old school, as he'd garnered a bit of a reputation as a sleaze-bag, trying to worm his way around the rules and into canoodling with any girls he could get his mitts on.

     "I really don't care right now. I've got to get home. Leave me alone." I try and free myself from his grip, but it was no use. I would try and use my quirk to free myself, but knew it would have major repercussions with my school and perhaps the law, if I took it even just the teeniest bit too far.

     "Hey man, I think the rumors about this girl were right! She's a total prude!" One of his friend snickered and stepped forward, head tilted.

     "Oh you're right! This should be fun then." The other chimes in, reaching a hand forward and flipping the hem of my skirt.

     I use my free hand to hold my skirt hem down and try to pull myself free, before a hand grabs onto the guys wrist and pulls at it.

     "She isn't interested. Buzz off, before you regret it." I instantly recognized that voice as Kaminari's. He had one hand gripping the guy's wrist, and his free hand letting off some sparks as a warning.

     A moment passes where they stare each other down, before my assailant's vice grip releases my wrist and he turns around, kicking at the ground, signaling his friends to follow him, "Whatever man, you shouldn't meddle where it ain't your business... damn UA snobs." he mutters out before turning the corner.

     I feel a hand on my back guiding me towards the platform, where the train is arriving. "Come on, you don't want to miss the train after that." His voice still flat, but a trace of concern can be heard.

     Once on the train, he located an empty seat and had me sit down. "Okay, sit here and don't move until you're at your stop. And don't talk to anyone." He says, sounding exasperated as he turns to head to another train car

     "Th-thanks for that, Kaminari. Sorry you got caught up in that..." I manage to call out to him. He responds only with a backward wave, before switching cars.

     As if he didn't need another reason to be upset with me, he got dragged into some bullsh issue because of me.... dammit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*****Hello, this chapter took me a while because I got caught up on one word, and couldn't figure it out!
Also holy heck this one's a little bit longer than the others, nearly 1300 words this time!
Please leave feedback, thank you!!*****