Chapter 2

You sip your bubble tea contentedly in the car. "Thanks, oppa," you chirp before sipping again.

Junseo just chuckles and ruffles your hair. You swat his hand away. "Yah!" He fakes an angry glance at you and stops the car in front of the park. He starts to turn around menacingly, but you let out a shriek and open the door and run out. No matter how much you worked out, he catches up- though he is slightly winded.

"I need to talk to you, Mi Sun." You groan but trail after him nonetheless.

You both stand on a bridge across a small stream, surrounded by cherry blossom trees that are half bare. You shiver and subconsciously pull your sleeves to make sweater paws. Junseo pinches your cheek and smiles. You pull a funny face, sticking your tongue out and crossing your eyes, then you quickly fix your forgotten mask.

"Aish! Enough goofing around. I need to talk to you."

"You said, oppa," you sigh, "Go ahead. Fire away. Spill the beans. Ju-"

"Alright, alright! I need you to join the gang."

"Oppa! You know I won't." You huff in annoyance...but you do feel slightly curious.

"But you're perfect! You and I both know how trained you are."

"Well, yes. But only because Dad wanted me to be able to protect myself, just in case."

"And you kept practicing secretly with Mei, one of my best guys."

"He told you? I'm going to kill him."

"Can't. He's already dead. Mission last spring. Two bullets to the leg, one to the head." Junseo mimes shooting a gun. You wince.

"Oh...well, I'm not that good."

"You could take out half my men without breaking a sweat."

"Yeah."

"You're smart."

"Yeah.."

"You're manipulative."

"What does that have to do with anything?!"

"Trapping enemies." You glare at your brother.

"Oppa!" He shrugs at your indignation.

"A job is a job. Also, the Mafia Princess in the Elixis? Never! That's what everyone else will think. So, in a way, it's protecting you."

"Ok, wow. Seriously?"

"Yes. You know I'm right, Mi Sun."

"Well...fine, you have a point. And will Dad even allow it?"

"It's not his choice anymore."

"What do you mean? Dad's not head of the gang?"

"Not anymore, Sis," Junseo brushes the hair out of his face. "He's old now. Can't do the action. Yeah, he's the Mafia Boss, but like, I'm the head of the gang. To the public, I'm the Mafia Boss for Dad's safety."

"But you eliminated your own safety! I'm....proud, oppa. You've changed. From heartless to less heartless." Junseo laughs heartily.

"So will you join? You'll be second, I'll give you personal training, and you can go out for missions." He coaxes.

"You won't ever stop, will you?" Your brother shakes his head at your question.

"Ugh! Fine! I'm in. But I choose what I do. What are the options?" You finally agree.

"Um...sniper, commander for missions, and assassin."

"Killing?" you pale.

"Duh. It's a gang? Well, if you don't want to get your hands dirty- how about kidnapping? You're gonna have to knock out and handle some people, ok?"

You consider. "Alright."

Your brother smiles and pulls you into a hug. "First mission is in two days. Find out about the Ravens."

"That huge rival gang of you- ours? I'm impressed that the Elixis is that big."

"Mi Sun, we are number 1 in South Korea along with the Ravens. Oh, and you need a codename."

"Ooh, Raven."

"No. That's the enemy!"

"So? Well, yeah, it's copying them, I guess. How about...Black Dove?"

"Ironic." Junseo smirks. "Now go hang out with your friends. Jae Hwa was asking for you."

"Jae Jae's here?" You shriek with glee. She hasn't told you when she would be back from her vacation in Chile.

"Yeah, at her house. Same address. Need a lift?"

"I'm good. Thanks, oppa. Bye!"

You walk off, heading over to Jae Hwa's house. She has been your best friend for as long as you can remember, and you kept in touch with her when you were abroad, as well. You hasten down the streets and stop at your friend's fancy house. After all, her Dad is a big businessman in Daegu.

You ring the doorbell. A nice whistling sound is produced and the door opens.

"Mi Sun?" She says in astonishment.

"Jae Hwa?" You ask, mockingly.

"Sunny!" She says happily, laughing.

"Jae!" You start laughing, too.

"But for real, Sunny! It's been so long!"

"Jae Hwa aren't you going to invite Mi Sun in?" Her mother scolded from inside.

"Sorry Mom! Please, Mi Sun, come into my humble home."

You give Jae Hwa a little push. "Yeah, sure." You scoff and giggle.

You then give your tall, red haired best friend a hug and pull out her present from your back pocket.

"Here." You say as you slip on the rose quartz bracelet onto Jae Hwa's slim wrist.

"It's beautiful." She breathes.

You beam.

You are walking in Chicago, and you pass an expensive jewelry shop. Something catches your eye in the viewing window. You examine it and suck in a breath.

"It's perfect."

"I knew you'd love it." You give your friend a peck on the cheek and lead her to their kitchen. You pull off your mask.

"Now feed me, Unnie." Jae Hwa rolls her eyes.

"We're the same age, Mi Sun!"

"But I like saying Unnie." You pout cutely.

"And I hate feeling old. Now here, I know you love chocolate." Jae Hwa laughs and hands you a bar of chocolate.

You munch on it and follow Jae Hwa to her room. It's fully pink. Bed, walls and carpet. You smile at her obsession.

You both sit on her bed and talk about Canada, college, Korea, Seoul, fashion trends, celebrities- everything. In the middle of the two gushing over the latest facial care procedures, a fluffy ball jumps on you. You scream.

Your best friend laughs. "It's just Shadow. My little kitty. Isn't she precious?"

She really is a beauty. You admire the gray Russian Blue kitten with green eyes. She has a fluffy tail and beautiful, silky fur. You immediately fall in love with the little fuzzy kitten.

While petting it, Jae Hwa talks about her new job in Song Enterprises, a big company. She tells you about this huge party coming up and how she'll take you.

You trust Jae Hwa with your life, so you decide to tell her your decision when she finishes.

You chuckle sheepishly.

"Jae Jae, I joined the Elixis."